Royce White on ESPN today

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Ugh... He is such a terrible communicator. He needs to tone it way down on the vocabulary. He is trying way to hard to sound smart and sometimes what he says makes no sense. Remember Royce, it's not the size of your diction it's how you use it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Ugh... He is such a terrible communicator. He needs to tone it way down on the vocabulary. He is trying way to hard to sound smart and sometimes what he says makes no sense. Remember Royce, it's not the size of your diction it's how you use it.

I think Royce has a good point in there somewhere, but that sounded like when I would use the thesaurus feature on Word for my high school English papers.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

We tried to make this point to him in the podcast thread, and he immediately told us we were wrong. If he wants people to listen to him, he himself needs to listen to feedback. Most of us on here want to see him right the ship.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Maybe he isn't trying?

• Agree
Reactions: KnappShack

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
In the other thread all he did was fight against people about his past. When I asked him genuine questions about this supposed policy, he wouldn’t answer it. He just mocked me and gave the definition of the word “policy”. You can’t demand change and not have an idea of what you want changed.

I’d still like to know what specific issues he had with the nba and what caused him to be unsuccessful.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Maybe that is just the way he talks. But I do think sometimes the message does get lost. I think he has the right intent but i don't know how effective he can be without better messaging or better tactics. For instance, what is more effective; trying to change the NBA's stance on mental health from the outside? Or from the inside? My guess is from the inside is more effective. Get involved in the players union and advocate for changes in policy. They aren't going to change from someone on the outside.

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
In the other thread all he did was fight against people about his past. When I asked him genuine questions about this supposed policy, he wouldn’t answer it. He just mocked me and gave the definition of the word “policy”. You can’t demand change and not have an idea of what you want changed.

I’d still like to know what specific issues he had with the nba and what caused him to be unsuccessful.

Did you listen to the CW podcat with him even slightly? He outlines his issues with the NBA pretty well there.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Did you listen to the CW podcat with him even slightly? He outlines his issues with the NBA pretty well there.

I did listen to it, up until he said he was as good as Anthony Davis.

I must have missed the reasons that he thought caused him to be out of the NBA or struggle to survive in the NBA and the policy that he wanted in place.

If you know I’d love to hear them.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

You and a few other posters were being jerks, so I'm not surprised he got defensive.

His ISSUE is that there is NO Mental Health Policy in the NBA. He's not an expert on contracts or mental health, so he's not going to write out a 100 page policy for the NBA to follow.

That doesn't mean it's ok for the NBA to not acknowledge their lack of a policy on the matter.

At my job and most other office jobs, if someone has a diagnosed mental health issue there is a policy which covers what accommodations can be made to help support and allow the employee to continue working.

Royce may not have made all the right decision in how to go about fighting his fight, but it doesn't mean he is full of it or doesn't have a freaking point.

Who gives a **** if you don't like the way he uses his vocabulary or if he tends to ramble or go on tangents. A lot of people on this board woulddn't be able to speak eloquently to a large audience either.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You and a few other posters were being jerks, so I'm not surprised he got defensive.

His ISSUE is that there is NO Mental Health Policy in the NBA. He's not an expert on contracts or mental health, so he's not going to write out a 100 page policy for the NBA to follow.

That doesn't mean it's ok for the NBA to not acknowledge their lack of a policy on the matter.

At my job and most other office jobs, if someone has a diagnosed mental health issue there is a policy which covers what accommodations can be made to help support and allow the employee to continue working.

Royce may not have made all the right decision in how to go about fighting his fight, but it doesn't mean he is full of it or doesn't have a freaking point.

Who gives a **** if you don't like the way he uses his vocabulary or if he tends to ramble or go on tangents. A lot of people on this board woulddn't be able to speak eloquently to a large audience either.

THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

Please point to the post I was being jerk with.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Please point to the post I was being jerk with.

I'm not going to waste my time going through that whole thread again.

You were pretty insistent that he explain exactly what policy changes he wanted, which is what you spouted off in this thread about.

You weren't exactly trying to see eye to eye with him.

Other posters were much worse, that I can attest to. He was getting a lot of **** from multiple posters, most of whom shut the hell up when he showed up to defend himself, while other internet tough guys kept getting in his face and talking ****.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

What issues did he deal with in the NBA? I’m aware of the issues with mental health, but what does he think would have helped him succeed? He has obviously talked to people in mental health fields so what would he implement to help? What are certain things in the NBA that were problems for him?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron