Can't believe anyone would take Udoka ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
DbOzxPzX0AIagh8.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Never thought Withey was draft able and he's still riding an NBA pine for the most part.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think he comes back but I hope I'm wrong. Their guards next year are questionable but losing him would be a pretty big blow

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Yeah, really hard to see why anybody would want a 7 foot, 285 lb player who shows glimpses of high level (but raw) ability......

Also, isn't he barely 19 years old?

This ^,
Guys Doke size don't grow on trees. He didn't have a good of year as I expected but you do see flashes. I expect him to return to KU for one more year but could go. He won't be a star in the NBA but there is a roster spot for any 7 footer who has some athleticism.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Shoot they took that kid that we recruited a few years ago that ended up at Kansas because Fred was leaving. Can't remember his name. Did nothing at KU. Pretty much sucked and went pro after a year.

• Funny
Reactions: randomfan44

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
Yeah, really hard to see why anybody would want a 7 foot, 285 lb player who shows glimpses of high level (but raw) ability......

Also, isn't he barely 19 years old?

He'll definitely have a shot at the NBA, but he could probably go a lot higher if he developed a shot. Plus, I'm sure he's already making good money at KU, so there's less downside to waiting a little.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Kid just wants to turn pro so he can make some money, drive nice cars, and have all the other stuff......

insert KU pay-to-play joke here.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Shoot they took that kid that we recruited a few years ago that ended up at Kansas because Fred was leaving. Can't remember his name. Did nothing at KU. Pretty much sucked and went pro after a year.

Cheick Diallo is actually looking like he's developing very nicely, and has a great future in the NBA. He gets a few minutes for New Orleans each playoff game, and probably would be drafted higher if that draft was redrafted.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I expect Dok to get some feedback from NBA guys and then return to Kansas for one more season. An offseason spent working on the holes in his game instead of recovering from an injury like last year will do him wonders. With another year of improvements and an injury free year I think he can slide into the bottom of the 1st round in the '19 draft.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
If he can get his FT% to a respectable clip where he won’t be subject to people hacking him, I could see him as an NBA player in a Clint Capela like role.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He has no game beyond the rim. Can't shoot free throws. Winds easily.

I'm not an NBA guy. Don't watch. Just amazing to me if they see something there that competes with the elite.

That comment is so dumb.
Kendrick Perkins had no game beyond the rim, was a bad free throw shooter, won a championship, and played in the league damn near 15 years.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
That comment is so dumb.
Kendrick Perkins had no game beyond the rim, was a bad free throw shooter, won a championship, and played in the league damn near 15 years.
I have no idea who Perkins is or isn't. I'm just giving an opine on Udoka who I've seen play in college. He has no shot beyond a dunk, can't shoot free throws and winds easily. That's all I can say about him other than he's a big dude with a reasonable temperament.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have no idea who Perkins is or isn't. I'm just giving an opine on Udoka who I've seen play in college. He has no shot beyond a dunk, can't shoot free throws and winds easily. That's all I can say about him other than he's a big dude with a reasonable temperament.
You have no idea who he is or isn’t? Weird statement.

Perkins is incredibly similar to Udoka, who I’ve seen play too.

Help Support Us

Become a patron