Looks like TxT could actually get it done ...

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
KU still has one or two more bad losses in them. They're just not as good as they usually are this year. I doubt Tech has it in them to pull it off, though.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
At the very least hope someone ties KU. Tech winning would be awesome.

Someone needs to beat them outright. Otherwise the pundits will just keep blabbering on about the streak like they do now even tough three of those titles are shared with Texas, Oklahoma and KState.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
TxT gets Ku in Lubbock but travels to K-State, WVU and oSu. I'd take Tech if I had to wager. They have more talent.

Think the conference race comes down to whether or not ISU can knock off KU in Ames.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Someone needs to beat them outright. Otherwise the pundits will just keep blabbering on about the streak like they do now even tough three of those titles are shared with Texas, Oklahoma and KState.
I agree, but I’d take someone tying them over KU winning outright.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
it is possible the conference doesn't have a top 2 seed in tournament this year. I could see where they KU, Tech and WVU are all 3 seeds.

On a side note, wonder who is going to be forced out at Texas or let out of the scholarship. They oversigned by 1 when they thought Jones was leaving but obviously he isn't leaving now. So they are oversigned by 2 and they have a lot of freshman and sophomores.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Of all the programs that consistently have had good teams, and would put together a squad for a couple years that really looked like it could dethrone kansas....freaking Texas Tech of all teams looks like they will end the streak.

The streak must die, but why couldn't it have been ISU/OU/WVU a few years back? Hell even Baylor/OSU had some pretty legit squads for a few years. Tech has sucked for years, but picked a hell of a year to have a lot of seniors on the floor and key young guys.

There were some years where the Big 12 had a lot of good teams at the top, but KU would manage to win most of those games, and ISU for example couldn't sweep the gauntlet of OU/WVU/Baylor to take the conference. Same could be said for other programs like OU/WVU.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Of all the programs that consistently have had good teams, and would put together a squad for a couple years that really looked like it could dethrone kansas....freaking Texas Tech of all teams looks like they will end the streak.

The streak must die, but why couldn't it have been ISU/OU/WVU a few years back? Hell even Baylor/OSU had some pretty legit squads for a few years. Tech has sucked for years, but picked a hell of a year to have a lot of seniors on the floor and key young guys.

There were some years where the Big 12 had a lot of good teams at the top, but KU would manage to win most of those games, and ISU for example couldn't sweep the gauntlet of OU/WVU/Baylor to take the conference. Same could be said for other programs like OU/WVU.
Agreed. KU is down this year and Tech has a very senior laden team. The ISU, OU, WVU teams of the past 5-6 years have been much better than Tech this year but KU was very dominant in those years and reloaded. I would be happy for KU's streak to end but I will annoyed that if it's Tech..who normally has 500 fans at their games.

• Agree
Reactions: Omaha Cy

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I think in years past had it been only KU and one other really good team, the streak would have ended i the last 4-5 years. The Big 12 consistently had 4 really solid teams year in and year out. They would beat each other up preventing KU from trying to hold off a team rocking 14, 15, 16 conference wins.

• Agree
Reactions: CysRage

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Tech is very efficient. They defend the hell out of the other guy. They are mature and deep. And beat the snot out of our squad.

As I've said before, they have a solid chance (now) to win it outright with Ku having to visit Lubbock. Hopefully, that happens.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron