• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Brodziansky is a big that can shoot. I hope whoever is on him is ready to guard him from deep. Solo struggled with Wade, and that dude from Texas.

I would think Lard would be the better candidate to guard shooting bigs, because he is more athletic and can recover faster. However, he is the less experienced of the two, and pulling him out top, opens up the rim more.

You may have missed the article about how well Solomon guarded him on the last two (of three) match ups we had with them. He ate us alive in the first one, and Solomon held him in check in the latter two. I wouldn't mess with that.

Cyclone in MN

Jan 17, 2018
If I had to put odds on it, I'd say TCU has a 60% chance to win and ISU 40%. I'd say there's maybe a 10% chance of a TCU blow out and a 3% chance of an ISU blow out. Yes, those odds are completely pulled out of my butt, but I'll stand by them.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The implied probability of TCU winning the game based on the point spread is 90.3 percent.

Go ISU!

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I like Solo on him because he tends to get better position quicker and deny the pass. At this point, I also think Solo also is better at boxing out and preventing those garbage put-backs that killed us in FWTX last year. After that first meeting where Brodziansky lit him up, Young seemed like he made it his personal mission to shut him down. And like you said, I'd much rather keep Lard in the paint rather than chasing Brodziansky around the perimeter.

I'm curious to see how the game plays out. The guys seems to play a little looser on the road. Hopefully that translates to some offensive success. I assume Wiggi will be matching up on Fisher when TCU has the ball, and that could be a fun one.
Solomon played three minutes in the first match up. Vlad lit up Iowa State, but not Solomon.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I went back and looked, Bowie only played 16 minutes in that game and Holden didn't play. So for more than half of the game Iowa State was playing Burton or Weiler-Babb at "center"

I knew Young didn't get minutes in that first game (or early on in general), but I didn't realize it was that bad. I just remember Brodziansky looking like Lebron against us. Insert Young and his numbers were cut in half.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The implied probability of TCU winning the game based on the point spread is 90.3 percent.

Go ISU!
The implied probability of TCU winning the game based on the no vig Vegas moneyline of -471 is 82.5%.

Reactions: Cyclone in MN

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
You're probably right. TCU is a bit of tricky matchup, because their lineup is pretty non traditional. Brodzianski and Fisher get talked about, but imo their best player is still Kenrich Williams, a 6-7 guard. He's averaging 15 and 9. Plus they still start JD Miller, a 6-8 forward.

So my guess:
Wigginton - Fisher
Jackson - Bane 6-5
Babb - Williams
Lard - Miller
Solo - Brodziansky

With the idea of really challenging Wigginton to keep Fisher out of the lane. If you remember, Fisher roasted Morris down there last year.
Ugh, that Bane DJ matchup doesn't look good for us.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Brodziansky can shoot the three, but he does his work in the paint. Young will be the matchup as he is clearly our best all-around post defender.

Bane didn't start last game. It was Fisher, Robinson, Williams, Noi, Brodziansky. Noi is 6'7" and shoots well from 3. This is a tough matchup no matter how you slice it. We have to contest threes and grab rebounds.

• Informative
Reactions: WastedTalent

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Just announced Fisher is out tonight.

Out indefinitely. Knee injury. Tough start to his career. He seems like a good kid with a ton of talent.
Wow. He's huge for them. He's been their EOG guy. Alex Robinson will likely start in his absence. He averages the same amount of minutes, distributes the ball well, but doesn't shoot or drive as well as Fisher.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Just announced Fisher is out tonight.

Out indefinitely. Knee injury. Tough start to his career. He seems like a good kid with a ton of talent.
Interesting to see what happens to the line now. If it doesn't move much then we know what Vegas thinks of our team.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The line moved slightly toward ISU from +10.5 to +10.

My guess is that is solely from public betting. It should continue going down. Fisher being out is a pretty big deal, to the point where I think this game could be in ISU's favor.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
My guess is that is solely from public betting. It should continue going down. Fisher being out is a pretty big deal, to the point where I think this game could be in ISU's favor.
Gonna play devils advocate here a little. Yes, I'll preface this by sayingFisher is a very big loss for them.

But looking at their stats they still have 4 others that average double figures, another at 9 ppg, and 2 more over 7ppg.

They certainly have some options.

Help Support Us

Become a patron