RECRUITING: Iowa State offers another 2018 QB

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I'm going to blog about this today but Brock Purdy, a 2018 QB out of Arizona has an Iowa State offer. I heard about it over the weekend but got it confirmed this morning. He's got a bunch of mid-major offers but seems like Boise and UCF are the top competition. I'll keep you in the loop.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Arizona Gatorade player of the year. Looks to have a good arm and is very good at getting away from pressure and making plays. He could be a steal, especially this late in his recruitment. Alabama appears to have shown interest. He recently visited them, but didn’t seem to get an offer.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Arizona Gatorade player of the year. Looks to have a good arm and is very good at getting away from pressure and making plays. He could be a steal, especially this late in his recruitment. Alabama appears to have shown interest. He recently visited them, but didn’t seem to get an offer.
It looks like he officially visited Boise State last weekend and has scheduled official visits to UCF and Alabama scheduled for the next two weekends. Hopefully Iowa State gets the following weekend.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
My first thought was "hmmm, we wait for Re'al to sign, THEN we offer another high school QB. Interesting."

From those 'in the know', what is Re'al 'really' like? Besides the short comments, do we see him as a future qb in our system?

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Not sure how to read this offer without taking it as something is going on with Re'al or Devon.

Edit: I should specify that I don't know anything and I hope my negativity is very incorrect. Does anyone know how Devon is progressing beyond Campbell's comments that he's doing 7on7s?

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Alabama interest? Yet, very few early power 5 offers? How often does that happen? You wouldn't think the kid would want to wait behind both the freshmen and Hurts, both who played in a championship game for Bama.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Not sure how to read this offer without taking it as something is going on with Re'al or Devon.

Has to happen a lot in recruiting, wouldn't it? Meaning, you have adequate numbers at a position but you see a shiny new toy that you may have a hard time not pursuing.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Alabama interest? Yet, very few early power 5 offers? How often does that happen? You wouldn't think the kid would want to wait behind both the freshmen and Hurts, both who played in a championship game for Bama.

Very similar situation to Zeb's recruitment.

• Agree
Reactions: amishclone

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Kid has a good arm that's for sure that second throw in the video where it puts it 45yrds through the air between defenders right on the money was impressive. He has a good touch to go with it on some of the 50/50 balls he threw.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Has to happen a lot in recruiting, wouldn't it? Meaning, you have adequate numbers at a position but you see a shiny new toy that you may have a hard time not pursuing.

We don't have adequate numbers at QB though.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07