good game, y'all!

UofMemphis

Dec 5, 2017
Today's game was an absolute blast and I met some great ISU fans.

view from my seat:
7tYwtyX.jpg

I hope your fans enjoy the Southern Hospitality and hopefully we don't have to wait another 59 years for our next Liberty Bowl invite! :)

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Today's game was an absolute blast and I met some great ISU fans.

view from my seat:
7tYwtyX.jpg

I hope your fans enjoy the Southern Hospitality and hopefully we don't have to wait another 59 years for our next Liberty Bowl invite! :)

It was a helluva game, and at the end of the day it was about as evenly matched as two pretty different teams could play with key injuries/absences on both sides. I had to tell myself as the 4th quarter began that neither team deserved to lose, and that I wouldn't get too awfully upset if ISU ended up on the short end of the stick (unlike our KSU game). Both teams were a few plays away from busting this more open, and both teams' defenses stepped up and held fast to their gameplans to keep it close. I could only listen to the PxP over TuneIn as I was driving through podunk ILLinois, but it seems like the game held up to its billing as one of the most interesting non-NY6 bowls to watch for the true CFB fan.

Reactions: UofMemphis

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If you want some fun, ask "what is a blarge?"
We're, um, not quite over a 2000 game yet.

The next season's season ending opponent is still not mentioned by name on here.

There's several others that get spoken of, but they are still deep, deep burns.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I can see myself in that pic! Pretty much straight across diagonally from you.

Great game, great atmosphere, didn't run in to any jerk Memphis fans. A few fans of the TOE in my section for some reason...

Reactions: UofMemphis

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
It was a helluva game, and at the end of the day it was about as evenly matched as two pretty different teams could play with key injuries/absences on both sides. I had to tell myself as the 4th quarter began that neither team deserved to lose, and that I wouldn't get too awfully upset if ISU ended up on the short end of the stick (unlike our KSU game). Both teams were a few plays away from busting this more open, and both teams' defenses stepped up and held fast to their gameplans to keep it close. I could only listen to the PxP over TuneIn as I was driving through podunk ILLinois, but it seems like the game held up to its billing as one of the most interesting non-NY6 bowls to watch for the true CFB fan.
For a casual fan, this would have been a great game to watch. Not as high scoring as predicted, but plenty of back and forth, some controversy, and it came down to the last possession.

I had a couple of people text me that had no dog in the fight to tell me they didn't care who won, but were pulling hard for ISU at the end because of that "fumble" and "PI" call at the end. They know what ISU fans go through and wanted us to finally be on the winning side of it.

UofMemphis

Dec 5, 2017
I can see myself in that pic! Pretty much straight across diagonally from you.

Great game, great atmosphere, didn't run in to any jerk Memphis fans. A few fans of the TOE in my section for some reason...

I did see some drunk Memphis fans walking around yelling crap and I apologize for them. I swear most of us aren't straight out the trailer park lol...I told all the ISU fans around to head to Central BBQ by the stadium if they wanted true Memphis BBQ after the game and to check out Cooper-Young right there by the stadium.

glad y'all had a good experience!