****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO

Talen Horton-Tucker: The recent Iowa State commit is a guy who can play all over the floor. There is not much he can’t do on a basketball court. While not a your prototypical guard or forward, Horton-Tucker is just a flat out talented basketball player. Look for him to have a monster season with Simeon.

Zion Griffin: Griffin is quickly become a better and better player. Just the leap he has made from the end of the high school season to now is tremendous. He missed out on all of these teams last year and this year the only question was 1st or 2nd team for Griffin. He is a matchup nightmare at the high school level. Look for Griffin to have a dominant year at Hinsdale South and continue that at Iowa State.

George Conditt: Another player who received votes to be on all different levels of these four teams. While we view him as tremendous player of course due to his inclusion on this team, we view the big man as a better college prospect than high school player just because he has so much potential. That is no knock on his ability right now but more of a credit of where he can be at the college level. Conditt is a player who exploded onto the scene over the Spring and Summer earning over 30 scholarship offers playing with Team RWA.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'm a huge fan of the early signing period right now.

I know it looks bad to us fans, after having seen 6 straight tourney appearances, but to these recruits, it has to look like opportunity.

There is no reason they can't start playing right away. Prohm knows what he's doing, his coaching career speaks for itself.

He just needs better and more experienced players. Help is on the way for that.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Interesting. I’m the opposite, unless you’re implying we need to go the transfer route

I think we still may need a PG. Wigginton is a combo. We need at least one more PG or CG that is ready to play big minutes.

I'm not sure if that's Harris or Halliburton, but I'm sure Prohm knows if those guys are ready to help from day one. I think we have enough in the pipeline for down the road, so anyone we take now is hopefully an immediate impact guy.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Interesting. I’m the opposite, unless you’re implying we need to go the transfer route

Oh I would love to have the kid, I just don't see anyone leaving this year. I think there was probably only one candidate to leave and he is going to get plenty of playing time this year. A surprise could happen, but right now I don't see a roster spot being available.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone101

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Oh I would love to have the kid, I just don't see anyone leaving this year. I think there was probably only one candidate to leave and he is going to get plenty of playing time this year. A surprise could happen, but right now I don't see a roster spot being available.

While there isn't obvious candidate today to leave it is a long season and things can quickly change. (I doubt many thought Kosongo would leave without playing a mute for McNeil would get released from his intent at ISU at this point last year.)

The most important thing is Tyler Harris could still be a option if the a spot opens up. Options are the best scenario for Prohm going into the spring. TH would be a very good PG option who could contribute right away to add if it works out. Looking at the tea leaves I think it likely will in the end.
No reason to worry about it now as the spring signing period isn't until April. We will have a better look at what ISU roster will be and if other programs have jumped into his recruitment.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron