CFTV: Steve Prohm following loss to Milwaukee

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Understanding the gravity of his failures and how they fit into the context of past results is critical to understanding the expectations.

Frankly, Prohm quit on this year and banked on being given a mulligan in terms of criticism.

Did he quit on this year or just not get the players he wanted in order to compete for this year? i.e. Juiston, that Egor kid and some of the other transfers. Maybe after those losses he in a sense quit on this year. That could definitely be true.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Understanding the gravity of his failures and how they fit into the context of past results is critical to understanding the expectations.

Frankly, Prohm quit on this year and banked on being given a mulligan in terms of criticism.

Just because you don’t think he understands his failures doesn’t mean that he doesn’t. Again, idiot fans.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Basketball becomes a much easier game when you make shots. Based on what we have seen so far, this team is just a poor shooting team with no leaders out there. Hopefully this will improve in the next week or so, or this season may become a KU football bad season.

I almost laughed when Prohm kept going back to we have to get better. Most of us can see that part.

****. We are going to get shutout multiple times?!?! I know our offense sucks right now, but it cant be that bad can it?

***end sarcasm for those too dense to pick up on it***

• Funny
Reactions: CyCloned

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
What does he say that is wrong?

Stating his opinion as fact. It is wrong to tweet at recruits. That is dumb. But calling for a guy to get benched doesn't mean you are a horrible fan. A player may in fact need to be benched. Fans have different personalities. Some fans are content win or lose. Some are a little more emotional and react to every play. Some are in between. It is not Jeff Woody's job to say who is and who is not a 'real' fan or a 'good' fan.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Stating his opinion as fact. It is wrong to tweet at recruits. That is dumb. But calling for a guy to get benched doesn't mean you are a horrible fan. A player may in fact need to be benched. Fans have different personalities. Some fans are content win or lose. Some are a little more emotional and react to every play. Some are in between. It is not Jeff Woody's job to say who is and who is not a 'real' fan or a 'good' fan.

And some fans think their opinion matters more than anyone else’s. And some fans think they are experts. Fans (by definition) are not experts.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

But it's a fan's job to determine who should be benched and to communicate that to said player?

DiehardClone

Jan 29, 2014

Umm ... so now it looks like you are stating your opinion as fact ... but you're a lumberjack and so that's okay? (Sorry, old Monty Python reference.)

Reactions: rholtgraves

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Yeah, well real fans don't question Jeff Woody. <jimlad>

I know he voiced his opinion as a definitive, but I think most people realize that it's just his opinion. IMO, he was just trying to tell people to calm down.

Nobody is happy with the current results. Unfortunately some fans seem to think that by stating their opinion louder means that they care more.

I miss the old days when irrational fans just punched walls and broke their hands instead of having the ability to tweet dumb **** to players.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
I know this will probably be a wildly unpopular view, but I believe the problems we are having now are more to do with Fred's not recruiting hardly at all his last 2 years. Once this last class graduated there was nothing in the cupboard. We would have some decent Juniors and Seniors if Fred would have done anything recruiting wise his final 2 years.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Did he quit on this year or just not get the players he wanted in order to compete for this year? i.e. Juiston, that Egor kid and some of the other transfers. Maybe after those losses he in a sense quit on this year. That could definitely be true.
Quit may be a bit strong, but we did leave a spot open and locked up in early to mid-May a spot on a mediocre SWAC player. And the product we saw last night was so bad I’d buy that the staff had been too busy recruiting to coach. Declining the extra exhibition was a red flag too

Reactions: rholtgraves

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
But he’s establishing a strategy and committing to it. Hopefully the team embraces the challenge (and hopefully his plan is the right course of action).

It'll be interesting, for sure.

Would bet he established the strategy LONG ago and understands it can take time with so many new faces, some on the bench, as he really finds out how the guys react under the lights.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Terrible!. Just found out Fred didn't get players for Prohm to win in his 3rd year. Zero recruits. This is Morganism! Is it legal for a former coach to not recruit players for the 3rd year a new coach's tenure? NCAA did not approve earlier. A NEW LOW! I'd bet a good coach could make a great case that Fred failed at his job prior to Prohm being hired! How low has Fred gone that he wasn't recruiting good players for the very sacred third year of Prohm's tenure. This is Bliss/Baylor. Bad (or sick) guy!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron