WILLIAMS/BLUM SUMMER SERIES PODCAST: Taking topic ideas

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Good news: The Williams/Blum Summer Series of podcasts will return in the next few weeks. You guys remember this from a few summers ago? Basically Blum and me shooting the **** about random Iowa State themed topics. I think we did biggest kicks to the nuts ... that was the big one. Stuff like that.

Now taking topic ideas. Will pick the best five. Go!

Reactions: wxman1

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Untold recruiting stories. I'm sure you've got some info on what really went down with Juiston situation but that one may be a bit too fresh. Going back a few years or to previous staffs would be interesting to hear some scoop on players staff thought they had, got at last second, schools that came in at the 11th hour on current/ex Cyclones.... stuff like that.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
What happens when all the TV contracts expire at once in the 2020s?

What factors are going to be in play?

Not just realignment -- but a fundamental change in the business model of college sports.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Did a quick forum search to find the previous topics from 2015. Feel free to add any I may have missed, CW:

Inside ISU Coaching Searches
Expectations for the next 5 years (that would be interesting to re-listen to)
Top Personalities in ISU History
Biggest What-Ifs in ISU History
Five Favorite Games

One topic I think that would be fun would be top ISU Villains. Guys that really got under out skin over the years from some of our rivals.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Call Larry E. Do a joint interview with him. I would listen.

Reactions: isugcs

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Call fizer and do a joint interview on that team he's putting together. That'll do well this summer since nothing else is going on.

• Agree
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Times officials screwed up in Iowa State's direction

(the JVB shot and that is like it)

Dumbest/funniest moves by opponents against Iowa State

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Untold or behind the scenes Iowa State coaching search stories and recruiting stories with details. Maybe coaches Iowa State almost had or recruits that almost came here, but something happened.
Or on the flip side coaches and recruits that have come to Iowa State that other schools went after, but stayed wishbone Iowa State. Just looking for the whole story with details. Insider info type of stuff. Like the Rhoads to Wisconsin rumors or Hoiberg to Minnesota. Would love to hear the whole story of those.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Topic I wish was covered: What would of this last Cyclones team done with Malou?

Might as well throw Lard in there. Might have been our front court rotation.

And the upcoming one... Malou had two to play.

Wiggi
Jackson
NWB
Malou
Young

...does not sound half bad.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Topic I wish was covered: What would of this last Cyclones team done with Malou?

Interesting twist would be speculating on how some of the negatives, like Malou not being eligible, ended up being a good thing. With Malou here, would Young have been buried on the bench and end up being a high risk for a transfer? Instead we likely have a solid 4 year player.

• Informative
Reactions: Gunnerclone

JackCyclone

Jan 31, 2013
These podcasts were my favorite that you guys every did. Just hanging out, drinking some beer, and talking clones. Loved it.

I think a good one would be best behind the scenes stories from Iowa State Athletics. Personal off-the-record interactions with players, coaches, officials, etc.

Another idea that I'd really like would be a breakdown of the Iowa-Iowa State rivalry. Specific stories from different games, FB & BB, and where the rivalry is headed/previews

Excited for this series to be back! My dad and I enjoyed listening to them with some beers and then talking about our opinions on the topics afterward.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Untold or more detail on hinted at off the court/field stories.

Why the football program was so bad in the 80s and 90s.

• Agree
Reactions: Jameshayden22

Help Support Us

Become a patron