Ray Kasongo transferring

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think Morrow and Jacobson are different players and fill different needs. Morrow was a backup plan to Juiston. Beverly was then the backup plan when we missed on those two. Jacobson is an improvement over Kasongo and a replacement for Brase. I do not see him as a replacement for Juiston or Morrow.

The only reason Morrow affected Jacobson's chances with Iowa State was because both were sit out transfers. Morrow fit more of a need as a skilled 4 or a big 3. When Beverly and Brace signed as grad transfers, the ability to add Jacobson made more sense.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I have watched zero tape of Terrance Lewis, but no way are Morrow and Lewis similar players.
I didn't claim they are "similar players". Most every player brings a different skill set. I'll take Lewis knock down 3 potential myself. You do make an interesting statement however considering you've never watched a tape of Lewis.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I didn't claim they are "similar players". Most every player brings a different skill set. I'll take Lewis knock down 3 potential myself. You do make an interesting statement however considering you've never watched a tape of Lewis.

What did you mean in post 120?

Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Is Lewis really such a crack shot?

I remember somebody saying his high school stats were not trustworthy for some reason.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Is Lewis really such a crack shot?

I remember somebody saying his high school stats were not trustworthy for some reason.

The stats I saw had some games with 3 makes on 0 attempts. There might be some kids hitting a high clip from 3 in high school, but 60% seems too good to be true.

• Agree

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
What did you mean in post 120?
First of all I used the word "maybe" so I'm not stating as fact. I think the first consideration most guys like Morrow is this: Am I going to play and get minutes? Am I going to start? Do I fit here? For Morrow obviously, in his mind, he didn't fit. He probably doesn't think he'll get the minutes when looking at guys like Lard, Lewis (complete baller IMO), and Shayok. My point is maybe we already have the talent for next year that Morrow would have provided. We also have two schollys to fill at present with more next year. Morrow would have been a good get but I'm personally not bummed he chose elsewhere with what we've got and what most probably will be coming in. The future looks bright for ISU basketball.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
First of all I used the word "maybe" so I'm not stating as fact. I think the first consideration most guys like Morrow is this: Am I going to play and get minutes? Am I going to start? Do I fit here? For Morrow obviously, in his mind, he didn't fit. He probably doesn't think he'll get the minutes when looking at guys like Lard, Lewis (complete baller IMO), and Shayok. My point is maybe we already have the talent for next year that Morrow would have provided. We also have two schollys to fill at present with more next year. Morrow would have been a good get but I'm personally not bummed he chose elsewhere with what we've got and what most probably will be coming in. The future looks bright for ISU basketball.

I guess I don't understand what Lewis has to do with Morrow. One is a wing and one wants to play a traditional 4.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I guess I don't understand what Lewis has to do with Morrow. One is a wing and one wants to play a traditional 4.
Obviously, there is only five spots on the floor whether it be 3 or 4. Lewis is very physical and from the tapes he can finish well at least at the level he's playing. At 6'6 and growing he could step into the four if he had to especially if Prohm decides to go small ball. (example)

The real bottom line here for a transfer is to consider is the overall talent pool he would have to compete with.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Obviously, there is only five spots on the floor whether it be 3 or 4. Lewis is very physical and from the tapes he can finish well at least at the level he's playing. At 6'6 and growing he could step into the four if he had to especially if Prohm decides to go small ball. (example)

The real bottom line here for a transfer is to consider is the overall talent pool he would have to compete with.
Lewis is not that physical. I've seen a lot of him although I think he can grow into that

• Agree

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I haven't read through every post to see if someone has noted this but Kasongo is leaving a trail of colleges behind him (4? 5?). He looks like a job applicant that never lasts more than 3 months in a company. At some point, he has to produce I guess. I get that you want to put yourself in the right situation but how many transfers can a guy do? (That's rhetorical). I hope he lands somewhere where he can be a solid contributor.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I'm pretty excited for this kid honestly. Looks like he can do it all. Just needs to put on some weight.

Yeah, he looks like he could be a really versatile player for us. He's got good length, and can shoot. Not a super explosive athlete, but he's a coach's son so you know his work ethic and attitude, basketball IQ, etc will be off the charts.

I think he could be an impact player of Ejim's caliber possibly. His game may be a little more perimeter oriented. I am hoping he is a cross between Ejim and Jok.