RECRUITING: Elijah Brown speaks out about the factors that will lead to his college decision

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It's either us or Oregon from what I have heard from my inside source. He really likes Prohm and the staff!

Sounds promising especially because he has already visited Oregon. If it is a two horse race and Prohm and the staff has yet to put the full court press in Ames and experienced Cyclonation the potential to get a commitment is there. Time to close.

goclones69

Aug 5, 2012
Sounds promising especially because he has already visited Oregon. If it is a two horse race and Prohm and the staff has yet to put the full court press in Ames and experienced Cyclonation the potential to get a commitment is there. Time to close.

Agreed. We have a great chance to show him what ISU and Ames is all about this weekend and show him that he could be a focal point of next years team. I know Oregon is the favorite because of the West Coast draw and the playing time available there, but we have just as much playing time available here. Think it might come down to what coach he trusts more. Gotta like Prohm here

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Agreed. We have a great chance to show him what ISU and Ames is all about this weekend and show him that he could be a focal point of next years team. I know Oregon is the favorite because of the West Coast draw and the playing time available there, but we have just as much playing time available here. Think it might come down to what coach he trusts more. Gotta like Prohm here

I don't know a lot about Altman and the 'trust' angle you mention. But I do know he's been getting a bunch of transfers these past few years. Regardless of how, or versus who, he's been getting them. Don't see we have an advantage there at all.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Brown and Juiston would be the icing on the cake we need. Imagine a starting lineup of this:

Wigginton
Brown
Jackson
Juiston
Young

Coming off the bench you have Lewis, Long, Lard, Kasongo, NWB

That is a very balanced 10 man rotation (assuming Kasongo, Long and Lard are good enough to contribute right away).

The onlys guy we would lose after next season would be Jackson and Brown and we would bring in Shayok and McNeil would probably be ready to contribute some minutes as well (and possibly Thompson). ISU basketball is looking strong in the future. Prohm is doing an amazing job here at ISU.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Brown and Juiston would be the icing on the cake we need. Imagine a starting lineup of this:

Wigginton
Brown
Jackson
Juiston
Young

That is a very balanced 10 man rotation (assuming Kasongo, Long and Lard are good enough to contribute right away).

The onlys guy we would lose after next season would be Jackson and Brown and we would bring in Shayok and McNeil would probably be ready to contribute some minutes as well (and possibly Thompson). ISU basketball is looking strong in the future. Prohm is doing an amazing job here at ISU.

If we lose Jackson Brown, ready or not, we could be running on empty or even worse a fountain of sorrow

goclones69

Aug 5, 2012

Wigginton
Brown
Jackson
Juiston
Young

Jumping the gun a bit here. Ill wait to see who we actually bring in to decide how the future looks. But if we do get who you mentioned above, that would be a really nice looking roster and starting rotation