What makes someone a woman?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
squat to pee? If yes.. well you ARE a woman.

-keep

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I would say a babymaker. A person can look like either sex, but if a person is able to cary a baby, they are a woman in my book.

I would nuance that a little, because some women have had their uterus removed (for example for cancer) but I would say they are definitely a woman.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I have a good friend whose sister was born without a uterus, but had everything else - that would make her not fall into a lot of these categories. Hermaphrodites can have both types of plumbing... Are XX and XY chromosomes it? If someone has gender reassignment surgery, do they become the opposite gender? I guess I just always consider someone as the gender they represent themselves as, and don't ask questions.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't go that far. I think gender is at least partly physical. In general it is pretty clear.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I have a good friend whose sister was born without a uterus, but had everything else - that would make her not fall into a lot of these categories. Hermaphrodites can have both types of plumbing... Are XX and XY chromosomes it? If someone has gender reassignment surgery, do they become the opposite gender? I guess I just always consider someone as the gender they represent themselves as, and don't ask questions.

I had a friend in college who was Hermaphroditic; He KNEW he was male, but had never been physically assigned.

It's all well and good to be snarky and turn this into a moral issue, but in reality, there are honestly people in this world where the physical is insufficient to actually determine what gender they are.

Having said that, I've also met supposed trans-gender people who are just bat-poop crazy and they've chosen being trans-gender as the means of expressing their bat-poop craziness.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I had a friend in college who was Hermaphroditic; He KNEW he was male, but had never been physically assigned.

It's all well and good to be snarky and turn this into a moral issue, but in reality, there are honestly people in this world where the physical is insufficient to actually determine what gender they are.

Having said that, I've also met supposed trans-gender people who are just bat-poop crazy and they've chosen being trans-gender as the means of expressing their bat-poop craziness.

That's the thing. This is actually a legitimate discussion, but many use it to do whatever the heck they want without reality setting in.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I would say a babymaker. A person can look like either sex, but if a person is able to cary a baby, they are a woman in my book.

I would nuance that a little, because some women have had their uterus removed (for example for cancer) but I would say they are definitely a woman.

There's a South Park quote that would totally work here, but it's probably not appropriate for a PG site like this...:wideeyed:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron