ISU involved w/ Lawson brothers

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Isn't Kansas full of scholarships with these 2?

yes. but this is college basketball there are ways to get an extra scholarship, like Svi going pro. That said they are still on Duval and Waters as PG's. would think that is their priority.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
I don't get why schools like kansas and duke go after these guys. They can get nearly any 5 star recruit immediately eligible. The Lawson brothers both have to sit out and have limited years to play. Seems like duke/ku would benefit from a more fluid roster.

KU doesn't get that many 5 stars actually. 4 stars. yes but Kentucky and Duke are the kings of 5 stars.

Correct. Jackson was the only 5 star that really played for them last year. Mason they stole from Towson and Graham from Appalachian State.

Getting Dedric Lawson as a 4th year Junior is like getting the #1 recruit in the country IMO. He'll have a huge impact from day 1.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Correct. Jackson was the only 5 star that really played for them last year. Mason they stole from Towson and Graham from Appalachian State.

Getting Dedric Lawson as a 4th year Junior is like getting the #1 recruit in the country IMO. He'll have a huge impact from day 1.
after sitting out a year correct?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong.

They lose Mason, Bragg and Lucas. Bring in 2 freshman and now the Lawson twins. Means 1 dude has to leave just for that to happen and then 1 more for Juiston.

here is who they have on the roster now.

Newman
Graham
Vick
Svi
Cunliffe
Preston
Lightfoot
Coleby
Azubuike
Lawson
Lawson
Garrett
That is 12 guys with Svi.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong.

They lose Mason, Bragg and Lucas. Bring in 2 freshman and now the Lawson twins. Means 1 dude has to leave just for that to happen and then 1 more for Juiston.

Pretty sure Josh Jackson is going to the NBA.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
KU doesn't get that many 5 stars actually. 4 stars. yes but Kentucky and Duke are the kings of 5 stars.

When you have the inherent advantages of always playing 8-5 they don't need the 5 stars in conference play.

When they lose in the tournament because they don't get to play 8-5 is where they miss them.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I really hope Shakur commits while on campus this weekend. In an article talking with his coach at Hutch, he had a line that said before going to UNLV last week, he knew he wouldn't verbal unless it was a feeling of amazment or awe that he couldn't say no to, but when talking about "the top big 12 schools, Kansas and Iowa St" he has a better idea of what he is going to get.

I hope our staff pushes this Lawson bros signing as a tool for us. We NEED Shakur.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ComCY

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Opening CF to see this thread title then seeing the news of them going you KU was quite the rollercoaster of emotions.

• Agree
Reactions: AgronAlum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron