****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Has an ISU offer

@ny2lasports Whoever gets @TheMacIrvinFire 2018 G/F Talen Horton-Tucker at the next level wins - it's that simple - #Tough #Skilled #BlueCollar #Winner
Damn we need to figure out a way to open that 3rd ride Race, Moss, and this guy would be a solid class. Not to mention Green being a candidate to open a 3rd spot as well.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyclad

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Damn we need to figure out a way to open that 3rd ride Race, Moss, and this guy would be a solid class. Not to mention Green being a candidate to open a 3rd spot as well.
Although we haven't really been listed with quality grad transfers, I'm sure the staff is after them, plus could always keep a spot open.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Here's a new name, Talen Horton-Tucker. We will need a hyphen player added to confine the tradition of having one on the roster after Weller-Babb...

"With that Horton-Tucker is continuing to pick up major interest on the recruiting trail.
“I have nine offers. Arizona State, DePaul, UIC, Toledo, Iowa State, Northwestern, and I also have some others,” said Horton-Tucker. “Also I am hearing from Notre Dame, Xavier, and Illinois.”

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1767491-horton-tucker-shines-swish-n-dish

That's not new. They have been after him for some time now

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Here's a new name, Talen Horton-Tucker. We will need a hyphen player added to confine the tradition of having one on the roster after Weller-Babb...

"With that Horton-Tucker is continuing to pick up major interest on the recruiting trail.
“I have nine offers. Arizona State, DePaul, UIC, Toledo, Iowa State, Northwestern, and I also have some others,” said Horton-Tucker. “Also I am hearing from Notre Dame, Xavier, and Illinois.”

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1767491-horton-tucker-shines-swish-n-dish
247 shows that we offered a long time ago.
http://247sports.com/Player/Talen-Horton-Tucker-46035276

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
NY2LA SPORTS liked
Eric Bossi‏Verified account @ebosshoops 9m9 minutes ago
Sunday standouts from @ny2lasports included Courtney Ramey, Talen Horton-Tucker, Mario Mckinne and many more http://rvls.co/NY2LASunday

C8f8nOAXUAAuHaJ.jpg

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Two ISU 5 star offers were at an Ark tourney this weekend.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/the-warmup-five-star-d-j-jeffries-leads-the-pack

D.J. Jefferies SF 2019
Recruitment: Offers from Kansas, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Mississippi State, Wake Forest and Memphis.

His day: Playing for a new squad in Team Penny, Jeffries fit in nicely with a group that is deep and super athletic. He played above the rim, put the ball on the floor some and showed off incredible physical tools.

Quotable: "I haven't thought too much about my recruitment. Maybe at the end of the summer I will have a top list."
Prediction: Jeffries doesn't appear too focused on his recruitment yet but with his kind of talent he looks like one that the bluebloods will fight over.

Gerald Lindell SF 2018
Recruitment: Offers from Arizona, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA and many others. Duke and Kentucky showing interest.

His day: Liddell has been working to expand and improve his perimeter game and he had the jumper dropping while we watched on Saturday. He still lacks strength but has really improved as a ball handler.

Prediction: If Duke or Kentucky decides to make a scholarship offer things could get interesting. For now we will be mildly surprised if he makes it out of the state of Texas, though Arizona is one to watch as well.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Two ISU 5 star offers were at an Ark tourney this weekend.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/the-warmup-five-star-d-j-jeffries-leads-the-pack

D.J. Jefferies SF 2019
Recruitment: Offers from Kansas, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Mississippi State, Wake Forest and Memphis.

His day: Playing for a new squad in Team Penny, Jeffries fit in nicely with a group that is deep and super athletic. He played above the rim, put the ball on the floor some and showed off incredible physical tools.

Quotable: "I haven't thought too much about my recruitment. Maybe at the end of the summer I will have a top list."
Prediction: Jeffries doesn't appear too focused on his recruitment yet but with his kind of talent he looks like one that the bluebloods will fight over.

Gerald Lindell SF 2018
Recruitment: Offers from Arizona, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA and many others. Duke and Kentucky showing interest.

His day: Liddell has been working to expand and improve his perimeter game and he had the jumper dropping while we watched on Saturday. He still lacks strength but has really improved as a ball handler.

Prediction: If Duke or Kentucky decides to make a scholarship offer things could get interesting. For now we will be mildly surprised if he makes it out of the state of Texas, though Arizona is one to watch as well.
We have to get him just for the Lindell to Lindell ally oop.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I was just talking with a co-worker at our launch party this afternoon. His son is a Junior at Robbinsdale Armstrong and good friends with Race Thompson because of sports throughout their childhood. He said he talks with his dad at school events, and his son talks with Race daily.

He brought it up to me without me asking, because he knew I was an Iowa State fan.
He said, as of right now, Race is leaning towards Iowa State. And his reasoning was interesting. He said Race, like his sister, doesn't like the idea of following his family as far as colleges go. His mom played Volleyball at Iowa, his dad went to the University of Minnesota, and his sister went to Madison. He joked that Race wanted to break the Big10 trend. He also said that Race seemed to really like "the coach" down at Iowa State and as of right now they are the front runner.

My co-worker said he has spoken with his dad about the situation before, and his dad is a little more hush hush about it. He did say, though, that they will take more than one visit, he said 4 if not all 5.

SO, I guess what you can take from this, is we are in a very good spot. I don't know why he would say this to me for any other reason than he thought it was interesting that he had a bit of an inside recruiting scoop.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
I was just talking with a co-worker at our launch party this afternoon. His son is a Junior at Robbinsdale Armstrong and good friends with Race Thompson because of sports throughout their childhood. He said he talks with his dad at school events, and his son talks with Race daily.

He brought it up to me without me asking, because he knew I was an Iowa State fan.
He said, as of right now, Race is leaning towards Iowa State. And his reasoning was interesting. He said Race, like his sister, doesn't like the idea of following his family as far as colleges go. His mom played Volleyball at Iowa, his dad went to the University of Minnesota, and his sister went to Madison. He joked that Race wanted to break the Big10 trend. He also said that Race seemed to really like "the coach" down at Iowa State and as of right now they are the front runner.

My co-worker said he has spoken with his dad about the situation before, and his dad is a little more hush hush about it. He did say, though, that they will take more than one visit, he said 4 if not all 5.

SO, I guess what you can take from this, is we are in a very good spot. I don't know why he would say this to me for any other reason than he thought it was interesting that he had a bit of an inside recruiting scoop.

Encouraging. But I think what you are failing to account for is a foe that's been sitting back and waiting to strike. A silent snake that few before have been able to deny...subtle, lifeless seduction of one Fran McCaffery. He's waiting to strike, just you watch.

upload_2017-4-12_16-34-52.png