On to Football Season

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
pat.gif

Good call. I had 9 wins. Bad call once again on a player, you said Jaleel wasn't good? WTF man.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
10-2 talent for Iowa with a 6-6 schedule so I will split the difference and say 8-4.

Wyoming - W
@ Iowa St. - W
North Texas - W
Penn St. - L
@ MSU - W
Illinois - W
@ Northwestern - L
Minnesota - W
OSU - L
@ Wisconsin - L
Purdue - W
@ Nebraska - W

It would be nice to Play UNI, Akron, Kansas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor and Texas. That would be 7 wins right there. Then you just split with OU, OSU, WVU and K State. Add in ISU and that is a pretty easy 10 win schedule there.

With our schedule I think top end is 9 wins and we probably end up with 7 or 8 wins.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It would be nice to Play UNI, Akron, Kansas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor and Texas. That would be 7 wins right there. Then you just split with OU, OSU, WVU and K State. Add in ISU and that is a pretty easy 10 win schedule there.

With our schedule I think top end is 9 wins and we probably end up with 7 or 8 wins.

Assessing schedule strength in March is always accurate. Why don't you just worry about Wyoming?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
What??? Kirk has had only one 4 win season in the last 15 years. How is that same ole same ole?

I take preseason predictions in March very seriously. It doesn't really matter how many wins Iowa gets. It's always Fire Kirk time at some point in the year.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Assessing schedule strength in March is always accurate. Why don't you just worry about Wyoming?

I am just a fan, I don't have to take these games one at a time.

I do agree a tough schedule in the preseason doesn't always turn out that way. ISU for instance played what turned out to be a weak UNI team, an average Iowa team a horrible San Jose, Tech, Texas, and Kansas teams. Baylor and TCU were down and bad. West Virginia and K State turned out being good and OU and OSU were very good.

• Funny
Reactions: isu2014

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I actually think Iowa will do better than most people expect this year. Expectations will be lower and that's usually when Iowa does the best and the Big Ten will be really poor defensively again so a perfect time to break in a new QB

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
You think Mashup is a position coach or a coordinator? Due to his join date, I'm thinking he might be KOK myself, but I've been fooled before.

Too bad he wasn't some random fan that doesn't have to start implementing a Wyoming game plan in March.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I don't think the passing game can be any worse than it was last year and they won eight games. Getting a healthy Vandeberg back will be key.
They won 8 games with an easier schedule and likely a better QB than they will have this year (not a knock on the young QB, he's just very inexperienced).

Vandeberg is a nice player but they need another guy to emerge as a threat also.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
They won 8 games with an easier schedule and likely a better QB than they will have this year (not a knock on the young QB, he's just very inexperienced).

Vandeberg is a nice player but they need another guy to emerge as a threat also.

CJB was not very good at all last year. He had little to zero pocket presence and hardly ever ran. I just don't see how we can be much worse at the QB position as last year quite frankly. I see Stanley making more things happen combined with more mistakes.

• Funny
Reactions: isu2014

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
CJB was not very good at all last year. He had little to zero pocket presence and hardly ever ran. I just don't see how we can be much worse at the QB position as last year quite frankly. I see Stanley making more things happen combined with more mistakes.

Lol you guys love throwing former players under the bus

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
CJ not having anyone to throw to didn't really help at all. Losing his top 2 receiving threats didn't help any. One of my main gripes with Ferentz has been his inability to recruit/develop NFL caliber receivers, there have been some very good receivers during KF's tenure, but very few and far between.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It certainly will be interesting to see how the offense looks with the new OC.