Lindell Wigginton

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I still say Blalock's height and athleticism and Stinson's strength and scoring ability. We'll need to get him a head band.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
This is a fair comparison as far as their height and playing style as scoring guards. However, Isaiah Cannan was a 2 star recruit as opposed to Lindell being a near 5 star recruit who has competed at the highest level of high school basketball in the country the last 3 years. Lindell also will likely be a lot more physically ready for high major college basketball as he has already added a lot of strength during his time at Oak Hill... I'm guessing Cannan did not come in with these physical tools Lindell already possesses. Based on this, I expect Lindell to have a more immediate impact in his freshmen year.

Billy Kennedy was Cannon's coach his Fr and So season. Prohm was responsible for Cameron Payne.

Payne as a freshmen averaged: 33 minutes, 17 pts, 3.5 rebs, 5.5 ast, and 3 turnovers.
As a Sophomore (his and Prohm's last at Murray St): 32 mins, 20 pts, 3.7 rebs, 6 ast, and 2.5 turnovers.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm just going to leave this here

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...our-star-is-pushing-hardest-for-a-fifth-star-

With each update we’ve done to the 2017 rankings over the last two years, Iowa State-bound combo guard Lindell Wigginton has moved himself closer and closer to five-star status. When the final ranking of the senior class hits in late April, he’ll be the hardest to deny when it comes to making the jump from four to five-star status.

Currently ranked No. 31 overall in the 2017 Rivals150, Wigginton has spent the last two years putting up huge numbers for Oak Hill in the high school season and on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit during the spring and summer. Sure, there may be some concern about whether or not he projects as a true point guard or as more of an off-the-ball scorer at Iowa State, but his production, skill, toughness and consistency can’t be denied.

Positions and roles continue to change in basketball and the things that Wigginton does well – primarily score it off the dribble and drain contested jumps – not only translate to the Big 12 level, but are things that the Cyclones are going to need from him right away.

Others that continue to really make me think hard about a potential bump to five-star status are Alabama-bound shooting guard John Petty and Kentucky-bound point guard Shai Alexander. A 6-foot-5 two guard with versatile game, Petty has done a great job of erasing concerns regarding his consistency as a senior and he’s developed into a dangerous jump shooter.

Like Wigginton, Alexander is originally from Canada, and the long and athletic 6-foot-4 ball handler has huge upside. He’s still got to improve his jump shooting from beyond the three-point line but his size, athleticism, floor vision and ability to get to the spots he needs to be are reasons he’s going to get serious five-star consideration.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
I'm just going to leave this here

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...our-star-is-pushing-hardest-for-a-fifth-star-

With each update we’ve done to the 2017 rankings over the last two years, Iowa State-bound combo guard Lindell Wigginton has moved himself closer and closer to five-star status. When the final ranking of the senior class hits in late April, he’ll be the hardest to deny when it comes to making the jump from four to five-star status.

Currently ranked No. 31 overall in the 2017 Rivals150, Wigginton has spent the last two years putting up huge numbers for Oak Hill in the high school season and on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit during the spring and summer. Sure, there may be some concern about whether or not he projects as a true point guard or as more of an off-the-ball scorer at Iowa State, but his production, skill, toughness and consistency can’t be denied.

Positions and roles continue to change in basketball and the things that Wigginton does well – primarily score it off the dribble and drain contested jumps – not only translate to the Big 12 level, but are things that the Cyclones are going to need from him right away.

Others that continue to really make me think hard about a potential bump to five-star status are Alabama-bound shooting guard John Petty and Kentucky-bound point guard Shai Alexander. A 6-foot-5 two guard with versatile game, Petty has done a great job of erasing concerns regarding his consistency as a senior and he’s developed into a dangerous jump shooter.

Like Wigginton, Alexander is originally from Canada, and the long and athletic 6-foot-4 ball handler has huge upside. He’s still got to improve his jump shooting from beyond the three-point line but his size, athleticism, floor vision and ability to get to the spots he needs to be are reasons he’s going to get serious five-star consideration.

But but but Scout has him as 65th overall. The self-loathing, insecure ISU fan in me feels much more comfortable believing Scout.

• Funny
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
He's on his way to one of the biggest basketball schools in the U.S. — Iowa State — with the chance to become the first native of Nova Scotia to play a regular-season game in the NBA.
urr7Za0.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron