Way Too Early Look at Next Year

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Never too early!!

We need Juiston, another big, and a guard. It won't always be pretty, but we can get 7 in a row!
Agree. We have three great recruits coming. But, what happens in the spring signing period will determine our chances to go dancing next year. We need some darn good juco's and/or transfers to go dancing next year. Otherwise I am afraid we are too young and a little short on talent. Could be like OU was this year

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
What the starting lineup would look like right now IMO:
Weiler-Babb
Wigginton
Jackson
Young
Lard

If we get a guy like Juiston, he would probably replace Lard in the starting lineup. Young team with a lot of talent; could sneak in the NCAA tournament as a 7-11 seed. Hopefully people don't freak out if they don't

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Starting 5 as of now
Babb
Jackson
Wigginton
Lewis
Young

Need Juiston badly. And a playmaker grad transfer would be fantastic
I think this is an accurate assessment of the current situation. Loved these guys, but that is not an NCAA team. Spring signing period is crucial to next years success.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I love everyone that wears the cardinal and gold, but I'm having a really hard time seeing how Babb is anything more than a 6th or 7th man.

I'm really excited for Lewis and can't wait to see how CSP retools with all the new pieces.
I think Babb has some pretty high upside & he's shown flashes of it here and there but he needs to take a leap this offseason to be able to perform consistently.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Making the tourney would be an over-achievement. I think people forget just how difficult it is to GET IN the tournament, this has been a special run.

I think we finish somewhere around 7th in the Big 12 with a 7-11 type record. We show signs of promise and glimmers of being really good, followed by a lot of throw the remote at the TV kind of moments.

How we round out the team this spring could improve this projection and make me think we are a tourney team, but with the current roster I think we are on the outside looking in.

• Agree

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
As someone critical of Prohm, I hope others don't bash him/start Fire Prohm thread if ISU has an Oklahoma type of season next year. Prohm deserves COTY in the Big 12 if ISU goes to the NCAA again with the roster currently standing.

Lots of teams in the Big 12 return guys as well, OU and Texas will be better. TCU should be a tourney team. Kansas, WVU, and Baylor with Motley back will be locks.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think Babb has some pretty high upside & he's shown flashes of it here and there but he needs to take a leap this offseason to be able to perform consistently.

Babb is in his third year of college ball. He does many things fairly well, but he's not going to suddenly get talented on offense. He's basically unguarded now and still can't score.

• Disagree

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I think this is an accurate assessment of the current situation. Loved these guys, but that is not an NCAA team. Spring signing period is crucial to next years success.
Why are people acting like there's no way we make it next year? Earlier this year before Babb recovered and Jackson really turned it on I thought this was probably a NIT team or maybe a little worse with a shot at the bubble. The way the younger guys closed out the year was a huge positive. We definitely take a step back but right now I think we should be a bubble team depending on how the young guys transition.
I don't like to follow recruiting so I don't know a ton about the new guys but Wigginton will she really good it sounds like Lewis can contribute. Lard has looked really good. We have Young, Babb, and Jackson. Long should be a decent player. We will be young but we would have some talent. It really depends on how the new guys transition to the college game.

• Disagree

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
As someone critical of Prohm, I hope others don't bash him/start Fire Prohm thread if ISU has an Oklahoma type of season next year. Prohm deserves COTY in the Big 12 if ISU goes to the NCAA again with the roster currently standing.

Lots of teams in the Big 12 return guys as well, OU and Texas will be better. TCU should be a tourney team. Kansas, WVU, and Baylor with Motley back will be locks.
Honestly we are eventually due for a down year. 6 years in a row for this program is really a credit to what Hoiberg and Prohm have done. There wasn't this consistency during the Orr, Floyd, Eustachy years that had many great years.

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
I've said it before, but I think we will have a season like Iowa did this year. Struggle at first with young guys, pull it together later in the season, be right on the bubble. I truly believe if we don't make the NCAAs we will at least be very close.