Purdue

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Not arguing that. The program is not the same as it was in the 90s. I agree and not interested in pointing out graduation rates from the past that aren't relevant. But when your fans unfairly point at the poster as being racist because your program was corrupt, don't call me a veiled racist for calling you out on it.

Yep, really redeeming yourself here.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Bye. I'll be leaving now. Most of you have been welcoming. But some of you are ultra cocky, calling us unathletic, our big man worthless, and our Big Ten championship meaningless. If you're expecting me to bow down to your Cyclones because I'm a guest here, it's not gonna happen. Good luck tonight. Wish the Cyclones the best.
see ya.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Bye. I'll be leaving now. Most of you have been welcoming. But some of you are ultra cocky, calling us unathletic, our big man worthless, and our Big Ten championship meaningless. If you're expecting me to bow down to your Cyclones because I'm a guest here, it's not gonna happen. Good luck tonight. Wish the Cyclones the best.
alg-gene-keady-jpg.jpg

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa

FFS, it's a Cyclone message board. What did you expect? Everything I've read people have been mostly courteous. Yet you chose to focus on a couple of posts/posters and get all defensive and start acting like a tool. As I said in a prior post, check out Nevada's posts if you want to see the best way to interact on a competitor message board. You don't need to "bow down"...just don't be an ass.

I hope you mean it when you say you're leaving now. You've brought nothing to the discussion about tonight's game.

Reactions: Jacktronic

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Funny reading the Purdue board. One fan thinks we aren't as good as Vermont and will lose by 20+ because of their size.

I don't recall even losing by 15+ this year but I guess this amazing Purdue team is going to beat us by 20+.

Also another fan thought we weren't that good because we have 10 losses. I guess SOS means nothing, we must just suck.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Back to the actual game talk. As I said earlier, Swanigan is going to be a problem, but as someone else also pointed out, Edwards going off from 3 could also be problematic. Will be interesting to see if we double Swanigan

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Back to the actual game talk. As I said earlier, Swanigan is going to be a problem, but as someone else also pointed out, Edwards going off from 3 could also be problematic. Will be interesting to see if we double Swanigan

Swanigan was a problem for every team this year, and they still lost 7 games. The key is to keep him around his average. I'm confident we can take care of the rest of their team. If Swanigan has a career night, we'll lose.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Looks like the big ten isn't as weak as you thought!
I've commented generally earlier this season solely on the Big Ten's ranking by objective and well-accepted metrics. And, of course, you really can't say much about the relative "strength" of a conference based upon the result from a single game, or even upon the results of the NCAA tournament. However, the Big Ten's record in the tournament is not particularly good this year so far (5-2 is blase if you think you're world beaters).

I get it. You're one of those guys who would declare climate change a lie because it snows on one occasion. You climb back into your trailer and apply your "eye test".

Last edited:
Reactions: WastedTalent

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I've commented generally earlier this season solely on the Big Ten's ranking by objective and well-accepted metrics. And, of course, you really can't say much about the relative "strength" of a conference based upon the result from a single game, or even upon the results of the NCAA tournament. However, the Big Ten's record in the tournament is not particularly good this year so far (5-2 is blase if you think you're world beaters).

I get it. You're one of those guys who would declare climate change a lie because it snows on one occasion. You climb back into your trailer and apply your "eye test".
It's actually a 6-3 record (the big 12 is 5-3). And that's with several lower seed upsets in there.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
It's actually a 6-3 record (the big 12 is 5-3). And that's with several lower seed upsets in there.
It is now. Back to your trailer with you. The numbers will change each time a team from one of the conferences in question plays. Wait a few hours and your post won't be accurate anymore either. I'm really impressed though. You really schooled me there.