Seriously Leistikow?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Actually they are. Leistikow and Randy are equal levels of bad.

I've seen Randy be more critical than I've ever seen Chad. Yes, Randy uses soft gloves most of the time, but I've never seen him go to the lengths to justify ISU's short comings that Chad does.

Also, at least Randy didn't grow up in Ames, Iowa.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
And Randy isn't guilty of that either? Yeah, okay.

If you can't see the difference between the two of them, I can't help you.

Both are taxed with someone st the columnist role for Iowa and Iowa state. But Chad writes like a fan.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Lol that doesn't surprise me. He gets really defensive about his Hawks

Oh I lied it wasn't for that tweet. He responded saying something to the effect "Well Iowa didn't beat those teams 45-3". So then I asked why voters had to go off of a september game and ignore 10 games of data since? He then blocked me.

I think that was even more thin skinned than when Scott Dochterman blocked me when I asked him to explain why Iowa's 2015 schedule wasn't weak.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
This. We would be a top 5 team and fighting for a 1 seed had we won those. However, we could have also lost @OU, @Tech, and to Indiana State.

You are what your record is.

Thanks Bill.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Serious question, just based off of the last three articles of his I've read- does he bring up the double OT loss at Minnesota in EVERY column he writes? Also, did they get screwed as badly as he makes it sound?

• Funny
Reactions: mj4cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This. We would be a top 5 team and fighting for a 1 seed had we won those. However, we could have also lost @OU, @Tech, and to Indiana State.

You are what your record is.

Yeah, those close losses would be great to have back, but perhaps that was also all a part of the process.

This is the group that was part of that 'wake up call' narrative two seasons ago that never really came to fruition, but there really seems to be a change this season after Texas, i.e. if they get beat tomorrow night, it's going to be because they make OSU beat them, not because they didn't play well or come out sluggish.

D

Deleted member 8507

Yeah, those close losses would be great to have back, but perhaps that was also all a part of the process.

This is the group that was part of that 'wake up call' narrative two seasons ago that never really came to fruition, but there really seems to be a change this season after Texas, i.e. if they get beat tomorrow night, it's going to be because they make OSU beat them, not because they didn't play well or come out sluggish.
ISU is 6-6 in two possession games.
Iowa is 4-2
Assuming "average" luck is .500 (law of averages) than Iowa is actually luckier than ISU and if anything, subtract one win from their total.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa is 4-2
Assuming "average" luck is .500 (law of averages) than Iowa is actually luckier than ISU and if anything, subtract one win from their total.

I suppose this is an 'Iowa' thread but my thought was on ISU alone...don't really care about what Iowa's doing, although if they've won a few games here and there I guess maybe it helps ISU's seeding potentially.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Iowa is 4-2

1bcey5.jpg

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/ranking/luck-by-other

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins