NFL: Minnesota Vikings 2016

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Bears OL missing two starters are playing well. Vikes OL is pile of hot garbage missing two starters. These losers need to donate their whole paycheck to charity.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I'm expecting this year's draft to contain multiple OL guys. This is pathetic to watch week in and week out... So much potential in all other positions, except one of the most important ones.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Bad couple weeks, still alone in 1st in the North. Zimmer needs to right the ship. Thought it would be tonight but now it's gonna have to be next week at home against Detroit.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Bad couple weeks, still alone in 1st in the North. Zimmer needs to right the ship. Thought it would be tonight but now it's gonna have to be next week at home against Detroit.
If that OL doesn't get fixed somehow I don't see the issues changing much.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Bears fan here. Don't even really watch games anymore because it's that enjoyable. That being said, LOL!

• Agree
Reactions: Lexclone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Kind of goes to show you how an offensive line is the most important position group on any given football team. No way to really work around it sometimes.

(and yes, slight nod to ISU's program here with that)

Quarterbacks can't throw without time.
Running backs can't run without holes.
Receivers don't have time to run routes if their quarterback has no breathing room.
When your offense can't move the ball control the clock, your defense wears down.
Long-term tax on your field position situation.
Hard to hold onto leads when you can't tell your road graders up front to get you a few first downs to run some clock.
3rd-and-short becomes a terrifying proposition, not an easy conversion.

A good O-Line does more than anything else to make the rest of the team look better.

• Winner
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Vikes better right this ship ASAP. Next five games aren't easy even if they were playing like they were the first five games. But play like the last two games and losses could start piling up.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
IMO, Zimmer set a passive tone for the team by punting on 4th & 5 on the Bears 39, and that's how the Vikings played for the rest of the game. Even defensive-oriented teams have to score points to win games. When an offense struggles to sustain drives, and that offense finally strings some plays together and moves well into the opponent's side of the field, they need to go for points. Furthermore, by punting deep in the opponents territory, the defense often seems to come out with a false sense of "security" because they are protecting a long field, and the next thing you know, the opponent is down on the other end of the field looking to score.

Go for it there...if you don't make, giving the Bears the ball at their 39 isn't that big of a deal.

I understand the field position strategy, and it seemed to be almost foolproof 20 years ago, but in today's game where offenses are more prolific, IMO it seems to be rather questionable when an offense is that deep in the opponents territory.

Last edited:

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Paid way too much a couple weeks ago for some nose-bleed seats for this upcoming Sunday's game.

Hope I don't regret it!

At very least, looking forward seeing the new stadium.

As an aside, AP has too feel fortunate that his is out during this OL mess. You know that his numbers would be waaaayyy down and all the talk would be about how he is washed up. Hopefully for his sake the OL can at least become serviceable by the time he returns.

octaviouspoon

Jul 25, 2016
Paid way too much a couple weeks ago for some nose-bleed seats for this upcoming Sunday's game.

Hope I don't regret it!

As an aside, AP has too feel fortunate that his is out during this OL mess. You know that his numbers would be waaaayyy down and all the talk would be about how he is washed up. Hopefully for his sake the OL can at least become serviceable by the time he returns.

Why would the Vikes want AP back? Ship him off, and try to get something decent in return.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA

Hope I don't regret it!

I'll be there too! I'm telling myself we can't lose three straight, but I know that's not necessarily true. Can't wait to be inside the stadium.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I see no reason why teams wouldn't play press coverage and bring the house every play. By the time Bradford got the snap, he had the back of one of his lineman being pushed into him.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I apologize to all of the Vikings fans here. I had decided, since my wife and in-laws are from Minnesota and cheer for the Vikes, that I would root for the Vikings even more than usual this year.

Ever since then you guys have lost.

I will cease rooting for the Vikings to win anything.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Poor guy got drilled all game. Would have liked to see him get rid of it sooner, but that OL did him no favors.

I posted that on Oct. 23rd, after the Philly loss, not after last night. But it still stands now.