All Iowa/Iowa State team

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Is there anyone that seriously said Lanning over Beathard? If they did they are just as dumb as people that think Iowa's backup RB is better than Warren

Do you read posts before you respond? ISU fan asks who/what/where said it was close between Beathard and Lanning.

The link provided show posters saying it was close:

"Could you imagine how good Lanning would have been last year if he got to play opponents like Iowa got to play? It'd be like playing Madden on rookie level"---CyTwins

"I'll say Beathard for this year. Next year and for years to come we'll be looking in the rear view mirror at Hawkeye qb's."---cyistopdog

"Wash"---NATEizKING

"Iowa played a weaker schedule, but he still got them a ton of wins. Lanning neededs some stability around him, specifically the offensive coordinator, and his offensive line. I'll wait to see how each play in the first few games to judge their abilities."---BWRhasnoAC

"Beathard because he has the games under his belt and has proven he is a leader and a winner.

That being said, last season I took the games that Lanning started and used his stats to figure out what he would have had if he started every game, and he beat Beatherd in every category besides completion percentage. So if Lanning can stay healthy and have a decent cast of characters around him I think he could be just as good as Beathard if not better."---19clone91

"Don't forget to cup Beathard's balls, people. Good lord! He ain't ****. Proved how much he sucked when he played good competition (Mich State, Stanford, and if you think about it, Tennessee the year before). How did he do in those games (not counting ******** yardage when the game was way out of hand)? Lanning is more battle tested and I expect him to make a big jump this year. Beathard will continue to put up good numbers until they play a meaningful game and everyone here will continue to be all over his knob."---GTO

"I do think Lanning is a better athlete and has a lot of potential though." HFCS

And these are all on the first 5 pages of the 10 page thread.

Aug 26, 2014
I don't think the talent gap between Beathard and Lanning is that big
Warren is the most talented back. It's not debatable. I was with you for the most part until this. This arugument makes us look bad. Beathard went 12-0, granted against sub-par competition. Lanning lost to UNI with what we are all arguing are better weapons at the skill positions. Granted we have issues on the line, we have to admit he was not good last Saturday.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Do you read posts before you respond? ISU fan asks who/what/where said it was close between Beathard and Lanning.

The link provided show posters saying it was close:

"Could you imagine how good Lanning would have been last year if he got to play opponents like Iowa got to play? It'd be like playing Madden on rookie level"---CyTwins

"I'll say Beathard for this year. Next year and for years to come we'll be looking in the rear view mirror at Hawkeye qb's."---cyistopdog

"Wash"---NATEizKING

"Iowa played a weaker schedule, but he still got them a ton of wins. Lanning neededs some stability around him, specifically the offensive coordinator, and his offensive line. I'll wait to see how each play in the first few games to judge their abilities."---BWRhasnoAC

"Beathard because he has the games under his belt and has proven he is a leader and a winner.

That being said, last season I took the games that Lanning started and used his stats to figure out what he would have had if he started every game, and he beat Beatherd in every category besides completion percentage. So if Lanning can stay healthy and have a decent cast of characters around him I think he could be just as good as Beathard if not better."---19clone91

"Don't forget to cup Beathard's balls, people. Good lord! He ain't ****. Proved how much he sucked when he played good competition (Mich State, Stanford, and if you think about it, Tennessee the year before). How did he do in those games (not counting ******** yardage when the game was way out of hand)? Lanning is more battle tested and I expect him to make a big jump this year. Beathard will continue to put up good numbers until they play a meaningful game and everyone here will continue to be all over his knob."---GTO

"I do think Lanning is a better athlete and has a lot of potential though." HFCS

And these are all on the first 5 pages of the 10 page thread.

"Could you imagine how good Lanning would have been last year if he got to play opponents like Iowa got to play? It'd be like playing Madden on rookie level"---CyTwins Semi troll job
"I'll say Beathard for this year. Next year and for years to come we'll be looking in the rear view mirror at Hawkeye qb's."---cyistopdog Hawkeye troll

"Wash"---NATEizKING Troll job, making fun of an Iowa poster who said Gesell and Monte were a wash

"Iowa played a weaker schedule, but he still got them a ton of wins. Lanning neededs some stability around him, specifically the offensive coordinator, and his offensive line. I'll wait to see how each play in the first few games to judge their abilities."---BWRhasnoAC This is true minus the last sentence, he still didn't say Lanning was just as good or better now

That being said, last season I took the games that Lanning started and used his stats to figure out what he would have had if he started every game, and he beat Beatherd in every category besides completion percentage. So if Lanning can stay healthy and have a decent cast of characters around him I think he could be just as good as Beathard if not better."---19clone91 A poster saying he thinks he can be just as good or better than Beathard. Pretty optimistic but he still didn't say Lanning was just as good or better now

"Don't forget to cup Beathard's balls, people. Good lord! He ain't ****. Proved how much he sucked when he played good competition (Mich State, Stanford, and if you think about it, Tennessee the year before). How did he do in those games (not counting ******** yardage when the game was way out of hand)? Lanning is more battle tested and I expect him to make a big jump this year. Beathard will continue to put up good numbers until they play a meaningful game and everyone here will continue to be all over his knob."---GTO Semi troll job by GTO and he's very good at it

"I do think Lanning is a better athlete and has a lot of potential though." HFCS Lanning is a very athlete, still he didn't say Lanning was just as good or better than Beathard now

So long story short, nobody in that thread said Lanning is better than Beathard now

Aug 26, 2014
Correct, although I think there are some Hawk fans that don't think Lazard would even start at Iowa either.

The fact is, if you put together an "all star" team with Iowa and ISU's rosters, 75-80% of the starting team would be Iowa players.
If this is true they should be institutionalized.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Warren is the most talented back. It's not debatable. I was with you for the most part until this. This arugument makes us look bad. Beathard went 12-0, granted against sub-par competition. Lanning lost to UNI with what we are all arguing are better weapons at the skill positions. Granted we have issues on the line, we have to admit he was not good last Saturday.

It was a joke making fun of the Hawkeye fans saying the talent gap between Warren and Wadley isn't that big

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
So long story short, nobody in that thread said Lanning is better than Beathard now

Again, nobody was trying to prove anybody said that.

Clone fan asked who said that it could be considered close between the two when this thread started.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Again, nobody was trying to prove anybody said that.

Clone fan asked who said that it could be considered close between the two when this thread started.

But there are multiple Hawkeye fans saying Wadley is either flat out better or more talented than Warren which is absurd. Even you'd admit that

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
But there are multiple Hawkeye fans saying Wadley is either flat out better or more talented than Warren which is absurd. Even you'd admit that

I will be honest, I havent watched much of Warren since he barely played against Iowa last year.

I know Wadley has talent, Warren obviously does too since he gained 1300+ yards last year.

Stats alone the edge goes to Warren.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I will be honest, I havent watched much of Warren since he barely played against Iowa last year.

I know Wadley has talent, Warren obviously does too since he gained 1300+ yards last year.

Stats alone the edge goes to Warren.

Daniels is better than Wadley I assume since he's the starter. Warren is clearly better than both

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron