Hawkeyes Basketball

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
In his defense we win two home games against bottom feeders and we think the worm has turned. One good week and everyone is high. One bad week and everyone is low. That is sports journalism.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
In his defense we win two home games against bottom feeders and we think the worm has turned. One good week and everyone is high. One bad week and everyone is low. That is sports journalism.

That may be going a little too far.
Where are you getting that?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That may be going a little too far.
Where are you getting that?

I'm not optimistic because we beat KSU and OK State...although beating KSU would be Iowa's best RPI win since Jan 2...let that sink in...it's March now.

I'm optimistic because regular McKay appears to be back which is absolutely huge given how thin we are up front.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
On Sunday I was feeling like some fun, so I listened to Jon Miller's podcast after the loss. Apparently, they think that Uthoff is sick. And Jon mentioned that he had done some research and that they wouldn't let Uthoff play if he had mono. Which is absolutely true. But that was Jon's way of putting it in everyone's head that Uthoff is so sick that he might as well have mono.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
On Sunday I was feeling like some fun, so I listened to Jon Miller's podcast after the loss. Apparently, they think that Uthoff is sick. And Jon mentioned that he had done some research and that they wouldn't let Uthoff play if he had mono. Which is absolutely true. But that was Jon's way of putting it in everyone's head that Uthoff is so sick that he might as well have mono.

If Uhtoff has a huge game @Michigan I'm going with the story that he still has mono and just pulled a Michael Jordan flu game.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Is this doubling as the meltdown thread? If so I have a thread and specific post to drop in

http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/showthread.php?74413-Next-Iowa-Coach&p=1499911&viewfull=1#post1499911

I have liked Ed Cooley at Providence. He can recruit, and has Dunn who was a good get. Ben Jacobson is maybe an answer? He is young and has gotten UNI to be alright. Archie Miller at Dayton is another name to watch although I doubt we could get him to come here.

Honestly though I don't think we fire fran after next year no matter what happens. His kid is coming, he has gotten a nationwide top prospect in Tyler Cook, and we have gotten better each year under him. Would people be reacting like this if the collapse was during the beginning of BIG play and the hot streak was now?