Recipe's..

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Anybody got any recipe's they want to share, for tailgaiting or whatever...

For lunch today:

2 parts brats (cheese filled)
2 parts bun
1/3 bag harvest cheddar sun chips

Grill.
Fold brats into buns.
Open chips.
Consume.:cool:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
For tailgating:
Gas station breakfast, usually over priced, crappy "luke warm" food.
Followed by Beer.
Sometimes we will just get a crap load of eggs, throw them in a fryin pan, scramble them up with some cheese, and then eat.
Again, followed by beer.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Here's a good one for the college student budget:

WIENER WATER SOUP
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 pkg. wieners
3 c. water

Combine wieners and water in a two quart saucepan. Bring to a boil until wieners are cooked. Throw the wieners in the garbage. Serve soup. Serves 3.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Here's a good one for the college student budget:

WIENER WATER SOUP
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 pkg. wieners
3 c. water

Combine wieners and water in a two quart saucepan. Bring to a boil until wieners are cooked. Throw the wieners in the garbage. Serve soup. Serves 3.

This post made me giggle.

Anyways, on the grill, here's what I did this weekend for steaks. Marinade in Italian dressing for about 5 hours, and then coat lightly with some steak sauce. Sprinkle some dry rub on, and throw on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side (medium rare).

Hella sweet stuff.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Anybody got any recipe's they want to share, for tailgaiting or whatever...

CYCLONE TAILGATE CHILI

1 smoked hawk (Jayhawk or Hawkeye or both)
1 lb ground Longhorn
1 lb cubed Buffalo
1 lb shredded Wildcat
1 lb Tiger prawns
3 pureed Red Raider tomatoes
3 c sauteed Aggie onions
3 c Cyclone peppers
4 cans Cowboy beans
1 grated Baylor leaf
2 tsp Sooner spice
5 Cornhuskers

Smoke live hawk slowly for 8 hrs or until it stops whining. Remove from oven and throw immediately in the trash. (that was just for fun because Jayhawks and Hawkeyes suck!)

Brown the Longhorn, Buffalo, Wildcat and Tiger prawns and drain. Put meat, Red Raider tomatoes, Aggie onions and Cyclone peppers in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Add Cowboy beans, Baylor leaf, Sooner spice and simmer for 1 hour. Garnish with Cornhusks. Add beer to taste (or until you can't taste, whichever you prefer.)

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
1lb cooked and shredded chicken breast
4ish hard boiled eggs
Favorite Salsa
1 bag shredded cheese
tortillas (number of them you want to eat)
You mix shredded chicken, cut up eggs, and salsa then place into the tortilla add cheese and wrap them up.

You can then either eat them that way or heat the oven to 350 and warm through. Originally they were supposed to be cut up for appitizers, but I've been using it as meals (2 for spouse, 2 for me plus leftovers)

I love it and it's really easy!!

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I wonder how well pizza would do at a tailgate? What if a guy would build/buy a portable wood-fired pizza oven?

Just thinking....

Myself, I like some kind of meat/cheese baked in bread and served cold. Kind of like piroshki or Greek pie...

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
I wonder how well pizza would do at a tailgate? What if a guy would build/buy a portable wood-fired pizza oven?

Just thinking....

Myself, I like some kind of meat/cheese baked in bread and served cold. Kind of like piroshki or Greek pie...

I've heard, but haven't attempted this, that you can cook a pizza on a Weber...

Here's a guy that did it:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP5YyYPKOno]YouTube - BBQ Pizza on the Weber Grill[/ame]

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've heard, but haven't attempted this, that you can cook a pizza on a Weber...

Here's a guy that did it:
YouTube - BBQ Pizza on the Weber Grill

The guy in that video makes it look so easy.
I have attemped grilling pizza several times without any decent success. My biggest problem has always been getting the cheese to melt on the top without completely burning the bottom.
Fool that I am, I will try again at some point this summer.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
The guy in that video makes it look so easy.
I have attemped grilling pizza several times without any decent success. My biggest problem has always been getting the cheese to melt on the top without completely burning the bottom.
Fool that I am, I will try again at some point this summer.

You could probably use a pizza stone on the grill, or if you want to go the cheap route, an unglazed ceramic tile will do the trick too.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I can't get to the link, but I'd set the pizza at one temp, close the grill up completely, and then dump water over the outside of the grill, until you can touch it, momentarily with out burning your hand.

That would effectively lower the grill temperature.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
You could probably use a pizza stone on the grill, or if you want to go the cheap route, an unglazed ceramic tile will do the trick too.

Really? My wifes been wanting one of those pizza stones ... Menards here I come!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I've tried it with the pizza stone on the grill. But I let it warm up first so it was extremely hot and burned the crust and the top was still unmelted. I've thought of placing the dough on the stone and closing the lid, that way the stone would have to heat up to cook the bottom and that would give it more time to cook up top.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Really? My wifes been wanting one of those pizza stones ... Menards here I come!

Pizza stones = rip off.

I have two of them, and use the crap out of them, but anything that will take the heat, and is unglazed pottery, will do the trick as well.

Of course, I have a glazed one, that works really good. There's nothing magic, here...