ISU Plane Crash - trying to remember

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
I remember it happened in 1985. Wasn't it around the Des Moines Art Center? Is there any kind of monument or anything in memory of those that died?

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
There were memorials set up on the Veenker golf course (a plaque) where they had meets. There were also trees planted in the honor of those that died on the course (I'm not sure which hole). When the cross country course was completed, there was an additional memorial set up there as well.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
It landed in the front yard of a family friends home (from what my parents told me). -Just north of the Arts Center off of Grand Ave. I have a vague memory of the details but I remember all the windows being blown out and the family thinking an atomic bomb went off.

Was it the CC or track team? Sad story. I'm not positive but I don't think there is a monument. Could be wrong though, sure have been before.

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
What made think of it..I really dont know. I'm just sitting here at work, and was wondering where the crash actually took place and if there was some type of memorial at the location.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
sorry, but i dont think that 2nd article has anything to do with the plane crash of 1985 that killed 7 people.

You are absolutely right, they are two completely unrelated crashes, and obviously I didn't check very closely when pulling that up. Thanks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron