Full Metal Jacket Drill Sargent - North Pole Elves

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
Might want to have the volume on your computer turned down if you're at work. You know what I mean if you've seen FMJ.:biggrin:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-igc3f8fcI"]YouTube - Full Metal Jacket Drill Sargent - North Pole Elves[/ame]

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Have it on BR .... what a sweet movie. You really feel bad for every person in that platoon from basic to Vietnam.

-keep.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
R. Lee Ermey is good stuff. He spoke at my Marine Corps Ball in 1994. He yelled at a few of us just for fun.

He is a retired Staff Sgt who recently got promoted to Gunery Sgt. If real life he is a very nice guy. He always get's pegged for roles where he plays bad guys or creapy guys. Great guy though.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
R. Lee Ermey is good stuff. He spoke at my Marine Corps Ball in 1994. He yelled at a few of us just for fun.

He is a retired Staff Sgt who recently got promoted to Gunery Sgt. If real life he is a very nice guy. He always get's pegged for roles where he plays bad guys or creapy guys. Great guy though.

I loved the early days of "Mail Call" before he softened his image...

"How does an M16 work? What kind of stupid *** question is that?"

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
He also was not the guy to get that part at first. He was supposed to be just there to give direction. At a certain point he was showing Oliver Stone what a drill instructor does. When he went off on a fake recruit. Oliver Stone knew he need Ermy to do the Drill Instructor part.

Just to let everyone know. Except for the "Choke yourself" part. My drill instructors were even harder than he was in the movie. I don't think anyone understands how hard Marine Corps Boot camp is.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
He also was not the guy to get that part at first. He was supposed to be just there to give direction. At a certain point he was showing Oliver Stone what a drill instructor does. When he went off on a fake recruit. Oliver Stone knew he need Ermy to do the Drill Instructor part.

Just to let everyone know. Except for the "Choke yourself" part. My drill instructors were even harder than he was in the movie. I don't think anyone understands how hard Marine Corps Boot camp is.

Not trying to be a pain, but FMJ was a Kubrick movie.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Which is why, because I'm a wuss, if I had to enlist I would have gone into the Air Force...

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
You are correct. I misspoke. Insert Kubric instead of Stone. The title of the movie is even "Stanley Kubrics Full Metal Jacket" and I still screw it up.