Leath

501Clone

Mar 10, 2010
Ames, IA
I understand he's in a tough situation but does anyone else feel like he is not willing to fight for anything?

Bubu situation was tough obviously, but he was not willing to give Bubu a second chance at all.

Now VEISHEA happens which was also unfortunate and he just throws a tradition away that has been around for decades.

Needs to start fighting for things and not always take the easy way out.

Yes, I'm frustrated.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
To the public eye, he is starting to come off as a guy who just doesn't give a ****.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Parade, Booths, Cherry Pie, pancake tent... celebrations end at 6:00pm every day stop having concerts because the bands usually suck anyway. This stops people from going straight from the concerts, to the bars, to the streets.

Oh well...

501Clone

Mar 10, 2010
Ames, IA
IMO the pro's still outweigh the cons when it comes to VEISHEA. So yes, it still is worth fighting for.

Idiots will be idiots no matter where they are.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Not a fan so far. He's also a **** in person.

I have never me the man but back in 2005 President Geoffrey would routinely wander through the dining centers (primarily Memorial Union) talking with students. I was with a couple friends once and he sat down and talked with us for a minute or so. It was weird as heck at the time but in retrospect, really cool.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I have never me the man but back in 2005 President Geoffrey would routinely wander through the dining centers (primarily Memorial Union) talking with students. I was with a couple friends once and he sat down and talked with us for a minute or so. It was weird as heck at the time but in retrospect, really cool.
I was a freshman during Geoffrey's last year, and you could just tell he genuinely cared about EVERYONE at the University. Leath doesn't come off that way at all.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I know a number of people who have disagreed with him on Bubu and VEISHEA. But I never met anyone who has thought this.
Meh. He cut me in line at Subway in the MU once. That qualifies as being a **** :jimlad:

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
I've worked closely with Dr Leath and have a great deal of respect for the man and his vision for ISU.

501Clone

Mar 10, 2010
Ames, IA
I've worked closely with Dr Leath and have a great deal of respect for the man and his vision for ISU.

I'm not saying he's not a nice person but he needs to start doing a better job at winning over the public perception of him IMO