Ranking conference uniforms ...

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
When I look for Big 12 uniform rankings, I too head over to the Ohio State SB Nation website.

I like K-State's look and probably would put them #1 in the conference. I am not a fan of UT's numbers above the logos on the helmets.

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
When I look for Big 12 uniform rankings, I too head over to the Ohio State SB Nation website.

I like K-State's look and probably would put them #1 in the conference. I am not a fan of UT's numbers above the logos on the helmets.

UT has by far and away the best helmet. I like their unies both home and away, although their all white threads make them look a bit like ballerinas. Ou and K-State are close. I believe the article missed on talking down the I-State logo which is far stronger than the bird-in-a-blender variety. ISU would benefit by returning to their cardinal and gold "Dirty Thirty" heritage.

Last edited:

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Winning helps everything. It's no coincidence that we always get ranked last in crap like this because we're always so damn terrible at football. If we'd had a more winning tradition over the last 5-10 years, more people would say our look was "classic" or something a little more positive, at least. I'm not too fond of our helmets, but the rest of the ensemble is not that different from our peers. We're just losing a lot more than they are. I wouldn't mind seeing us try something new... but that doesn't appear likely any time soon.

Anyway, hard to argue with Texas, Oklahoma, and KSU. I would probably swap West Virginia and TCU, as I really like the Mountaineers' colors and think their different combos are striking, but the black-and-purple of TCU is just murder on the eyes. I like OSU's different combinations, especially the gray, but the all-orange with the cowboy helmet is garish. I've never cared for anything that Tech or Baylor have put out there.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
So basically the teams that win have the best uni's and the teams that dont have the worst. Got it.

The basketball ranking would have Kansas #1. So yeah, these kinds of rankings exist for no other reason than to generate page clicks.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I would put us in the top half fairly simply. I don't like purple and if it's not Nike, put them behind us. That places TT, TCU, KSU, KU all behind us. Don't like the green and gold of BU no matter how many alt's they've got, so if nothing else that at least puts us top 5 in the conference.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
This is no surprise. If our Uni was not similar to USC I think most would like it. We seem to be the only school out there that can't have similarities with another school but it's probably due to our non-winning history.

My ranking, based on full collection of uni options:
Texas - Their all-white are, IMO, the best in CFB right now. This spot was vacated when Michigan St. stopped using their all-whites with green helmets.
OSU - Good color scheme, cool combos. $$$$ Pickens makes the world go round
OU - classic, clean, but a little boring. Their new ones are pretty cool though
ISU - I really like our away all-whites with red hats, the red pant options is better, obviously. Our standard is ok, our yellow is ugly in a cool way but unique to us which makes it good with me. Jack Trice throwback is a top 5 all-time uniform, ever, like, for anyone.
KSU - Like the classic style but ******* hate that purple
Baylor - Lots of combos, Love their shiny gold helmets(wish we had the stones to do them.) But green and gold standard isn't my fav. Liked their all blacks though.
WVU and Tech are a wash for me, both interesting and unique but no wow factor. I guess maybe WVU gets the nod due to their color scheme.
TCU - Garbage, wrapped in black and purple. See also: KSU ranking.
KU- sucks to suck, adidas is awful.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I don't think there is any way to make purple look good, but if there was it would be KSU's. I'd still put them and TCU both towards the bottom.

It's hard to place Baylor when you like some of their jerseys while the others are horrendous. I like Texas and OSU the most in the conference, I'd put ISU towards the middle but the potential is there for much better uniforms if we'd realize that we have to adapt to the trends in football like we do in basketball.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron