What is going on with Texas FB?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Charlie Strong is just cleaning house of all the riff raff.
He'll have that program winning 10+ games/year sooner than later, IMO.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Charlie strong happened. That's what happens when you get some discipline.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Every team in the Big 12 should be more than a little nervous here...Charlie Strong is going to build a winner in Austin.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think he'll do fine there but will he get the recruits?

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Every team in the Big 12 should be more than a little nervous here...Charlie Strong is going to build a winner in Austin.

Every team in the Big 12 should be more than a little nervous here

Because he kicked players off the team? Why should ISU be nervous?

Charlie Strong is going to build a winner in Austin

Build a winner? Build? At the University of Texas? lol

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Because he kicked players off the team? Why should ISU be nervous?

Build a winner? Build? At the University of Texas? lol

****** does everybody on this site have to act like an ***? In case you have not noticed UT has not been a very good program, all things considered, for a while now. CS is providing a disipline that UT has not had in years. It's like people on CF just want to be dicks and pick apart every post for no reason.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I still think Texas is the best job in the country. Better than Alabama, Ohio State, USC, ect. Strong should do well; Mack Brown was a tremendous underachiever

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
yeah texas gets recruits just because their texas, I would be amazing to beat texas down in Austin this year.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I believe Charlie Strong was named their head coach. Quite the disciplinarian.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I still think Texas is the best job in the country. Better than Alabama, Ohio State, USC, ect. Strong should do well; Mack Brown was a tremendous underachiever

Yep. No coach with anything remotely close to the resources and recruiting footprint he had accomplished less the last few years. A competent coach should be able to win ten games there just by showing up on Saturday. I don't know about Charlie Strong building a winner - that's more like what Art Briles has done and what CPR is working towards - but Texas is a sleeping giant and if Strong can get it woken up, then watch out.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Yep. No coach with anything remotely close to the resources and recruiting footprint he had accomplished less the last few years. A competent coach should be able to win ten games there just by showing up on Saturday. I don't know about Charlie Strong building a winner - that's more like what Art Briles has done and what CPR is working towards - but Texas is a sleeping giant and if Strong can get it woken up, then watch out.

With a First 5 years of...
7-6
5-7
6-7
6-7
3-9

Mean while Briles goes
4-8
4-8
7-6
10-3
8-5
11-2

That's really a horrible comparrison if you ask me...

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
Strong is just cleaning house of the players that will bring the program down.

New management is in and he wants his guys, not Mack Brown players that don't give a ****.

Texas will be in the College Football playoff either next year, or the year after. Guy is a good coach and now he gets all the resources to show the country how good he is.

Wonder if Florida is kicking themselves for hiring Muschamp and not Strong?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Strong is just cleaning house of the players that will bring the program down.

New management is in and he wants his guys, not Mack Brown players that don't give a ****.

Texas will be in the College Football playoff either next year, or the year after. Guy is a good coach and now he gets all the resources to show the country how good he is.

Wonder if Florida is kicking themselves for hiring Muschamp and not Strong?

Let's not put the cart before the horse. CS hasn't accomplished anything yet at UT.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I didn't ask. And I could have used a better phrase - maybe trying to build a winner instead of working towards - but my point is the same. Rhoads and Briles are at places where a program has to be built from the ground up. Texas is just a program that needs a kick in the ***.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron