Did anyone see this- Darien Williams

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't know if I'd go that far. Hines wrote an article on it. It seems that him going to school in the Bay area is new news.

It was originally reported that he may stay in Iowa for school.

I feel like any time a recruit relocates a couple thousand miles away, it opens the door slightly that they may not return.

He may have just written an article on it, but I distinctly remember discussing this on this site soon after he committed. Not sure if it was in a thread or if CW wrote about it, but it's not new. No worries to be had (and I'm too lazy to look it up).

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It's the offseason. Thread mills were a massive story last year. They'll write anything remotely newsworthy.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
No big deal. At his age, I would rather spend a year along the coast in California rather than Iowa too. In fact, I might prefer to do that at any age.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Double shoulder surgery with long recovery time -> pretty limited basketball or even upper body weights + Council Bluffs = Really unappealing. Don't blame him one bit.

I'm sure it's been discussed but does anyone know the actual recovery time for this kind of thing? ie when could he be playing again if, say, he was already at ISU and didn't have a RS year available?

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
He may have just written an article on it, but I distinctly remember discussing this on this site soon after he committed. Not sure if it was in a thread or if CW wrote about it, but it's not new. No worries to be had (and I'm too lazy to look it up).
The specific school he chose to go to is new, I believe.

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
[video=youtube;9gQziErGpqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gQziErGpqM[/video]
Here is a video of his school along with a few of his highlights. He has a pretty sick dunk. There are a few slooooots and some.. well...characters.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
[video=youtube;9gQziErGpqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gQziErGpqM[/video]
Here is a video of his school along with a few of his highlights. He has a pretty sick dunk. There are a few slooooots and some.. well...characters.

After awhile I was expecting to hear "and boom goes the dynamite".

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
Also, the difference from his high school highlights shows that he seems to have morphed quite a bit. He was more of an inside man in high school. Like some of the other have stated he's more of a SF/PF now. I was a little skeptical about that before. He's fast and strong. He'll definitely take over the Hogue spot next year. I guess that's why we're going after more bigs now. We don't really need another SF with Nadar on the team. Our roster looks pretty set for next year already.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
My biggest question is, why has he still not had the surgery yet? You would think he, and ISU, would want it done ASAP.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Also, the difference from his high school highlights shows that he seems to have morphed quite a bit. He was more of an inside man in high school. Like some of the other have stated he's more of a SF/PF now. I was a little skeptical about that before. He's fast and strong. He'll definitely take over the Hogue spot next year. I guess that's why we're going after more bigs now. We don't really need another SF with Nadar on the team. Our roster looks pretty set for next year already.

He's def not a true post, has a "Juco" game. I mean that in a good way. His playing still is a great fit for ISU. Hogue is a good comparison, although DW is more athletic where Hogue is stronger.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
He's def not a true post, has a "Juco" game. I mean that in a good way. His playing still is a great fit for ISU. Hogue is a good comparison, although DW is more athletic where Hogue is stronger.

Like the sound of that if true; Hogue is pretty athletic.

Help Support Us

Become a patron