Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
BrkCpPPCEAAAkRx.jpg:large

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Hopefully they're putting down a state of Iowa logo behind the I state. That would be cool.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
The "Hilton Coliseum" has been on the floor, just at the top of the floor instead of at the bottom like in this picture. It does appear they may be putting a State of Iowa outline behind the logo as well as was stated.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
So what's different?

Looks like they're moving "Hilton Coliseum" from the top/scorer's table, to the bottom/media table. Which I don't like - it won't show on TV as well - if at all.

SNAOTVWPXKHAMQO.20080404140406.jpg

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
So what's different?

Looks like they're moving "Hilton Coliseum" from the top/scorer's table, to the bottom/media table. Which I don't like - it won't show on TV as well - if at all.

I read somewhere that they'd be using a darker shade of cardinal for the border, and that the free throw lanes wouldn't be painted. I imagine they'll also include the new Big 12 logo somewhere, and keep the Pioneer logos.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The "Hilton Coliseum" has been on the floor, just at the top of the floor instead of at the bottom like in this picture. It does appear they may be putting a State of Iowa outline behind the logo as well as was stated.

I think the square thing is really just the stencil, not related to the shape of the state.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
So what's different?

i'm guessing new big 12 logo, different sponsor perhaps, and maybe a state of Iowa logo behind the I state. Plus I noticed gray lines instead of white lines.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So what's different?

I would love to watch a whole game from these seats!

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Hopefully they're putting down a state of Iowa logo behind the I state. That would be cool.

Yes it would. Wonder if it would be just a subtle stained outline, or a subtle stained filled region like OSU. I think just a stained outline would look nice. No paint.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
i'm guessing new big 12 logo, different sponsor perhaps, and maybe a state of Iowa logo behind the I state. Plus I noticed gray lines instead of white lines.

The lines were actually red, not white (the photo you're looking at is a Photoshop job that was released when the new logo came out to show what it would look like on the court), and if you zoom in on the Twitter photo, the "grey" lines look to be stencils with the actual line painted between them.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
The lines were actually red, not white (the photo you're looking at is a Photoshop job that was released when the new logo came out to show what it would look like on the court), and if you zoom in on the Twitter photo, the "grey" lines look to be stencils with the actual line painted between them.

Kinda neat how they do that. I would've thought they'd paint the entire perimeter cardinal, then overlay the gold stencil.

Seems it's the other way around.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron