Quad Cities Help

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Everyone, my wife and I will be headed to the Quad Cities tonight to watch my sister talk at a conference there tomorrow morning. While we really won't be doing anything but the conference tomorrow, we do have tonight completely free and are looking for a good restaurant recommendation from anyone that knows the area and is willing to throw out some recommendations. To help out a bit, we like all foods, we aren't looking for a chain restaurant, and we are looking for someplace that might be kind of fun as well. By fun, I don't mean Chucke Cheese fun, but rather that we are a young (late 20s) couple looking for an entertaining evening. Any thoughts?

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
East Village in Davenport for a beer or even food. The Village has numerous bars and all within walking distance.

acctingCLONE

Oct 18, 2011
Crossroads
Woodfire grill is a good place. Duck city is an upper end (never ate there). I have been told barrel house has the best burgers in town. Crust is a wood fire pizza place that is good if you like that type of thing.

Second the village as it is more laid back for a drink. The red stone room can be hit or miss. Beir stube on the IL side is pretty laid back as well.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Two blocks to the east of Barrel House is Great River Brewery. They have a beer tapping, Widespread Wit, there tomorrow at 2 pm, along with a crawfish boil.

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
Obviously a lot of choices, but Great River would be my choice. The fish and chips with a couple of Raging River Ales is hard to beat.

I would avoid The District unless you like blackouts and getting shanked.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Thanks for all the advice guys. Really appreciate it. I'll shoot all of these over to my wife and see what she thinks.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Obviously a lot of choices, but Great River would be my choice. The fish and chips with a couple of Raging River Ales is hard to beat.

I would avoid The District unless you like blackouts and getting shanked.

You are actually thinking Front Street, Great River does not serve food. They are a brewery only.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
Either the East Village or downtown Moline would be my recommendations. Within the East Village, I'd go to 11th St Precinct. You can eat and get a few drinks there. Downtown Moline I would recommend the River House or Barrelhouse, and then you can go to Bent River or Bier Stube and get a few drinks (I'd recommend Bent River).

If you want downtown Davenport, go to Barrelhouse and get food and drinks...you can always check out Great River or Front Street breweries as well in DT Davenport.

Not sure if the Bandits are in town tonight, but you can catch a game there too (best minor league park in the US of A!)