Most Annoying Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefighter4Cy

Oct 23, 2012
Ankeny
I don't want you to think I don't want to see pictures of my kids or don't want anyone else to see them Angie lol. I love my boys and they are crazy, but too many pictures gets to be a bit much.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
see pictures I don't mind, I don't have to open an album. but statuses are just there and harder to ignore.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have a good buddy on mine on FB. We ran cross country together at Simpson. He does a lot of triathlons and all his posts are about his training. "Bike xx miles today with the wind." "Ran xx miles today in xx.xx time. I feel great" "I had a double training session today with so and so and it was epic. Here are my times."

It gets annoying so fast. And when we meet up in person then I have to listen to him tell me all about it. It has driven a wedge in the friendship.

He sounds just like my husband's brother. "Just finished running 50k for the day. That's 31 miles for you mentally challenged." He runs marathons and is constantly bragging about working out while simultaneously putting down others. Such a tool. Feels wrong to block family, but wow is he annoying.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
The kid thing is a hard line to walk for a mom - I will not post photos for a few weeks, and then get told by out-of-state friends/relatives that they miss seeing photos of our child, so then I go through a little flurry. Rinse and repeat. You try NOT to post a ton of photos out of respect for some, and then you get bombarded with requests from others. Sort of a no-win!

You aren't annoying on FB whatsoever! I am a link sharing ***** that sometimes thinks I have to be annoying people but then friends tell me they use my feed as their source of news and laughs every day and to keep doing it.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I have blocked so many people from my newsfeed. Most of the people I blocked are either:
A) too negative all the time
B) always talking smack about ISU
C) a mother who has a kid and constantly posts about how her little baby finally walked, **** in the potty, burped, is sick, walked up stairs, played outside, played inside, played with toys, ate something, was sick all night, was up all night, picked its nose, pooped its pants, said goo goo gaw gaw, rolled over, farted, drooled, blinked, breathed, took a bath, etc. We get it, you love your kid.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
There is a few I've deleted due to stupid *** game requests.

Recently I've had 3-4 single low 20 year old girls post about their pregnancy and how happy they are to be single and pregnant. If I simply commen LOL. Does that make me a bad person?

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
I have a good buddy on mine on FB. We ran cross country together at Simpson. He does a lot of triathlons and all his posts are about his training. "Bike xx miles today with the wind." "Ran xx miles today in xx.xx time. I feel great" "I had a double training session today with so and so and it was epic. Here are my times."

It gets annoying so fast. And when we meet up in person then I have to listen to him tell me all about it. It has driven a wedge in the friendship.

I am assuming he is also an Atlanta Falcons/Chicago Cubs fan?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Recently I've had 3-4 single low 20 year old girls post about their pregnancy and how happy they are to be single and pregnant. If I simply commen LOL. Does that make me a bad person?

You're already a bad person.

Don't worry. Even if you don't post it, they will be miserable enough in the near future when they realize being a single mom is hard as ****.

Oh, and...

I WILL NEVER ******* PLAY FARMVILLE SAGA SO STOP ******* SENDING ME REQUESTS YOU ******* ********!!!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't use social media for many of the reasons said in this thread.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Facebook status: "Poor Barry. My heart is broken."

Me: "Who's Alfonso? You're boyfriend? Just a friend? Is he ok? Is it something with his family? Did you guys break up? Is he moving? Did he get fired? Did his car break down? Something happen to his cat?"

Facebooker: "Oh no, his name is Barry but everyone keeps calling him Alfonso"

Fixed it for you.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We have a friend who is not rich but likes to pretend she is. Constantly posting about buying this or that and ALWAYS has to throw the brand name in there.

"Bought my (fat ***) son this $2,000 GIANT bicycle."

"Going to pick up my new Land Rover tonight."

They buy expensive **** JUST so they can brag about it on Facebook, I'm convinced.

Do they make these "public" so "not friends" know where to steal this stuff? :smile:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

this is where you passive aggressively post how glad you are to be single with a real job, and couldn't imagine being dumb enough to be (or get someone) pregnant at your age.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
this is where you passive aggressively post how glad you are to be single with a real job, and couldn't imagine being dumb enough to be (or get someone) pregnant at your age.

That would require me posting a status in Facebook which I don't do. Facebook is fur weirdos, white trash, people with kids, or old people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron