game worn jerseys.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Considering I paid ~400 for a cyclone jersey on an NFL roster I thought i was a bit high. Would love to chat with one of them. PM me.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Considering I paid ~400 for a cyclone jersey on an NFL roster I thought i was a bit high. Would love to chat with one of them. PM me.

I thought you were talking about their Sweet 16 jersey not just any game. You could do it for $2500 if they have multiples but I don't think they would sell the Sweet 16 one

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Hopefully you can get it with their sweat still on it. They are worth more that way I'm told, hence why Royce White's jerseys never sold for that much since he didn't sweat.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hopefully you can get it with their sweat still on it. They are worth more that way I'm told, hence why Royce White's jerseys never sold for that much since he didn't sweat.

Haven't heard that one in a long while. #Memories

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Haven't heard that one in a long while. #Memories

There were a lot of great things said about Royce on these boards. That was one of my favorites. Trip down memory lane:

Royce if you are reading this I have but one simple request. Let me see you sweat. You sir could be a beast. You have put up good numbers and are helping out the team. I currently dream of what you could help this team accomplish if you would simply break a good ol nasty sweat. I've seen your games so far and I have yet to see sweat dripping from your face. It seems that you are holding back. You probably don't even know it. But if you want to leave a legacy like you have the potential to, you have to never take a play off. There is no reason that gaurds shouldn't fear driving into you. Make your presence known each play. That is your lane, defend it. You should feel ashamed to allow the teams score in the paint like they have. Keep your feet moving so you don't give up your position so easily. If you work enough to sweat for us during the games, you will leave a legacy that my kids will be talking about for many years to come.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134258&highlight=royce+white+sweat

This was great as well:

The dude is a complete mess. Cancer...I see no upside.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90660&highlight=royce+white+sweat

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Think ejim or kane I'm would take 2,500 for a game worn jersey?

Once they graduate it's fair game, right?

Eh, no. They can never take money for their ncaa stuff. It would be a violation for ISU. Players cannot get money for their college time even after they have exhausted their eligibility.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Eh, no. They can never take money for their ncaa stuff. It would be a violation for ISU. Players cannot get money for their college time even after they have exhausted their eligibility.
There is such a double standard for this stuff. I was at Meet the Coaches last fall and there were multiple game worn items for sale in the auction.
I definitely remember Chris Babb's game worn, signed shoe being there.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Pretty sure you're wrong.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Not true. Once a player has exhausted eligibility they can sell whatever they want.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
There is such a double standard for this stuff. I was at Meet the Coaches last fall and there were multiple game worn items for sale in the auction. I definitely remember Chris Babb's game worn, signed shoe being there.
For sale by ISU, no problem. For sale by the players, problem.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I assumed he was joking... He's a moron if he isn't.
I really don't know if an athlete could sell their unis after they graduate or if that would be seen as an impermissable benefit. I'll poke around online later today and research. I do know that Kansas was punished when boosters sent graduation gifts to players after they graduated from KU. Roy Williams thought it was OK because they had exhausted their eligibility but it was not. I don't see this as any different. A booster could agree to pay a guy $50,000 for a pair shoes once he graduates. The equipment wasn't purchased by the athlete so it's technically not "his". Sounds like a violation in the NCAA world to me.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I really don't know if an athlete could sell their unis after they graduate or if that would be seen as an impermissable benefit. I'll poke around online later today and research. I do know that Kansas was punished when boosters sent graduation gifts to players after they graduated from KU. Roy Williams thought it was OK because they had exhausted their eligibility but it was not. I don't see this as any different. A booster could agree to pay a guy $50,000 for a pair shoes once he graduates. The equipment wasn't purchased by the athlete so it's technically not "his". Sounds like a violation in the NCAA world to me.

Like I said above, once a athlete has exhausted eligibility they can do whatever they please with the items they received from the school/NCAA. Article 12 of the NCAA bylaws talks about amatuerism and Article 12.5 specifically addresses Promotional Activities. There is nothing that talks about rule after a athlete exhausts their eligibility because 1) it is impossible to police and 2) the athlete is no longer subject to NCAA rules.

If I want to sell my football jerseys, bowl rings, game balls, bowl swag or helmet there is nothing the NCAA can do to me or ISU.

The situation you mentioned above is given as an example in the bylaws of something that would be illegal because it could be viewed as a prearrangement since it is highly unlikely the FMV of a pair of shoes is $50,000.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Like I said above, once a athlete has exhausted eligibility they can do whatever they please with the items they received from the school/NCAA. Article 12 of the NCAA bylaws talks about amatuerism and Article 12.5 specifically addresses Promotional Activities. There is nothing that talks about rule after a athlete exhausts their eligibility because 1) it is impossible to police and 2) the athlete is no longer subject to NCAA rules.

If I want to sell my football jerseys, bowl rings, game balls, bowl swag or helmet there is nothing the NCAA can do to me or ISU.

The situation you mentioned above is given as an example in the bylaws of something that would be illegal because it could be viewed as a prearrangement since it is highly unlikely the FMV of a pair of shoes is $50,000.

Psh, like YOU would know anything about this topic....

:jimlad:

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013

It's completely legal. I doubt the situation you described above is but that's not the type of deal we are talking about.