UConn fans take on Friday night

DrewPap85

Mar 24, 2014
2012 was only a warm up for the true dismantling on Friday.

If this is the case, which guy of yours goes off the rails a few months down the line. :spinny:

Sorry couldn't resist, and I was a RW backer in the early goings.

cyeah

May 23, 2006
Houston, TX
I think with Niang out, it is a pick'em game If we had George, I think we would be 4-6 point favorites. Should be a fun match-up!

I don't get people saying this or things along this line. If it is only a 4-6 fav with Georges we should plan on getting our ***** handed to us.

We either were huge favorites with him or it will be tight now. I do not see how it can be tight with him and tight without him.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Thanks guys. I think Kromah goes Ejiim, but that makes the Kane call tough. Who do you guys throw in Brimah?

Also agree that we aren't nearly the nightmare down low as UNC was.

Also if "bad DeAndre" shows up, this whole thing is moot and we lose by 20.

Underestimating home-court is why some of those building in vegas touch the sky.

One of the games i bet against ISU (might've been only one) was the road trip to Morgantown. So to think you are immune is silly. Heck you lost at KState and that team is dreadful.

I wish you guys didn't have such a great coach, if you had someone that was incompetent like Weber I'd say the buildup and the spotlight could play a factor. But Hoiberg's too good for that.

If you guys want to follow I'm on twitter under same handle. A good blog follow for UConn is @noescalators

(The saying comes from Ollie's opening presser where he said at UConn no easy way out, we take the stairs.)

Not sure how closely you're monitoring but the ticket market is insane. I got tix for 250 the other night. That same section is over 500 now.

That dreadful Kstate team only lost one conference home game all year. They were a different team in the OOD.

FredForever

Mar 23, 2014
Ames, IA
Thanks guys. I think Kromah goes Ejiim, but that makes the Kane call tough. Who do you guys throw in Brimah?

Underestimating home-court is why some of those building in vegas touch the sky.

One of the games i bet against ISU (might've been only one) was the road trip to Morgantown. So to think you are immune is silly. Heck you lost at KState and that team is dreadful.

I wish you guys didn't have such a great coach, if you had someone that was incompetent like Weber I'd say the buildup and the spotlight could play a factor. But Hoiberg's too good for that.

If you guys want to follow I'm on twitter under same handle. A good blog follow for UConn is @noescalators

(The saying comes from Ollie's opening presser where he said at UConn no easy way out, we take the stairs.)

Not sure how closely you're monitoring but the ticket market is insane. I got tix for 250 the other night. That same section is over 500 now.

You should schedule a non-conference game at Kstate next year, you'll enjoy it.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Agreed. UConn broke Cy's wing and therefore must be destroyed. Vengeance for Cy!!

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids

Uh-oh. Now you did it.:twitcy:

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I'd feel more confident if we could bring back Royce and Scotty for this game only. Seeing Royce playing with Kane would be scary.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

Didn't UConn lose to Houston?

swiclone83

Mar 20, 2014
do uconn fans realize that they dont get to play in the game because they bought a ticket? its still 5v5 not 5v10k

While I realize that crowd noise and home court advantage are true advantages, uconn doesnt play their games at msg and no offense but they arent even that loud at their home court. They lost to southern methodist at home (double digits, also lost to them on the road), louisville at home, and stanford at home. Why do they think that having 10k at msg is going to effect the game?

VAISUFAN

Mar 13, 2012
I won't say there is no advantage for UConn playing at MSG and their familiarity with it.. However, they played there last in November and beat BC by 1 or 2 and Indiana by 2. Now that was early and maybe they win those games by 10...but it was not a huge advantage then. Also I love the fact that we get to play in a more intimate arena. MSG is not huge and it is great for shooters. Whether we take advantage of that, we shall see. But I for one think MSG is perfect for our team.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
My VP of engineering is a UCONN grad and the trash talk started about 10 minutes after getting to work yesterday. Going to be a fun week I think.

swiclone83

Mar 20, 2014
I hope we dont get all distracted by all the electric lights and fast talking city folk. Uconn by a thousand.

DrewPap85

Mar 24, 2014
Iowa State has one loss this year to a non-NCAA tournament team, UConn has three

Yeah SMU is two of those. Just not a good matchup, also should have been a tourney team. But that's a different debate.

Houston is just that one stink bomb game every team has.