Our championship getting no love!!!

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I've been watching highlights and analysts this morning and last night. I have struggled to even see any highlights of the Big 12 championship game. There also hasn't been any mention of Iowa State in seeding analysis. I guess winning a tournament in what everyone says is the best conference in the country, and finishing very well in the regular season doesn't matter. We also went undefeated in our non-conference and not playing a cake schedule. I guess the only thing that matters is the Big 10 and the ACC, I know that there is a bias, but this is getting pathetic. Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent a bit.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I will initiate a boycott of TV in general, email JP, and pen an open letter immediately!

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Highlights have been on ESPN several times, just remember it's also Selection Sunday. That in its self takes a lot of coverage away. I don't think we're being snubbed at all...it's still the 2nd "featured" item in the middle on ESPN.com

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
John Ritter used to worry that nobody was paying enough attention to Three's Company. He's dead now. That's a cautionary tale if I've ever heard one.

Reactions: Farnsworth

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
There is a channel called ESPN, it's 206 on DirecTV. They are heavy on sports. You should check it out, they showed ISU highlights this a.m. and gave a mention on the seeding talk among Davis, Digger, Jay Williams and Bilas (those are all basketball experts for ESPN).

You're welcome.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Don't know what you are talking about. Turned on ESPN and first thing I see is Iowa State highlights. Watched last night and they showed plenty.

isu4life31

Mar 14, 2014
It's because you won it when you beat KU. Your fans had the most impressive display of any fan base this year. I've seen many guys comment on how good it was. Also many now saying you bumped KU to a 3 seed which is peculiar (both should be twos). Just please don't pull an Mizery from 2 years ago please!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
It's because you won it when you beat KU. Your fans had the most impressive display of any fan base this year. I've seen many guys comment on how good it was. Also many now saying you bumped KU to a 3 seed which is peculiar (both should be twos). Just please don't pull an Mizery from 2 years ago please!
This is my biggest fear. Can't let that happen. Would be even worse if we are the first program in history to lose as a 2 seed twice.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Dumb. Plenty of coverage. Most discussions on espn are about who will get 1 seeds, which is to be expected. We have been in the rotation of topics on sports center since last night, and are still in it now.

What are you watching to see this lack of coverage? CNN?

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I guess I haven't been watching it solid. My fiance got tired of watching basketball all the time, so we would change channels some. I must turn the channels at the wrong times.

Dad55Alumni

Jan 29, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Thought there has been decent coverage. Problem is most people don't think much of the conference tourny's. They are a waste of time in my book. Wish they would get 96 teams to start this week and have it be a double elimination round robin playin type tourney. Top 16 seeds host 6 teams on their campus's. What a party, especially for the little guy's...Find a real National Champion.

2XaDime

Nov 4, 2009
Iowa City
Getting no love at ALL. Except from, like, a hundred million happy Cyclone fans. Oh, and then there's those guys on the wide world of sports channel on the TV giving us a bunch of love, but other than that NO ONE!!!

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
You must have missed the part this morning where Digger Phelps was raving about "The three states: Wichita State, Michigan State, and IOWA STATE!!" Where Digger said that those three teams will end up in Dallas.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008

Just curious, why did you feel the need to create an ISU fan name and then make it clear you aren't one? Unless I'm misunderstanding the "you" and "your" comments.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
This is my biggest fear. Can't let that happen. Would be even worse if we are the first program in history to lose as a 2 seed twice.
The last time we lost as a 2 seed, we were already in our free fall. We had just lost to a crappy Baylor in the conference tournament that year. Nobody saw that NCAA loss coming, but we should all have expected a quick exit.

This year, we are not in a free fall. Outside of our first 8 minutes of the Baylor game, we just played arguably our best 3 game series.

Also, watching espn now, vitale just called himself "One-Eyed ****". LMAO.

Last edited:

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I did miss the segment with Digger in it. They cut away from it just as I turned on the TV this morning.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Just curious, why did you feel the need to create an ISU fan name and then make it clear you aren't one? Unless I'm misunderstanding the "you" and "your" comments.

IIRC, this guy created it to sell his remaining tournament tickets after they lost to us. No need to be so prickly.

Help Support Us

Become a patron