Busy work day vs. slow work day

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Today is sucking right now. It's completely dead and time is crawling. When I was younger, I loved having the occassional slow day. As I get older, I'd rather just stay busy, even if it means a frantic day. I get lazy and tend to overlook stuff I normally wouldn't if my mind's not engaged.

I don't take work stress home with me very often, if at all. Maybe if I got stressed easily, I might change my mind. I dunno. Just me?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Nope. Busy days are better. Makes the day go by quicker. I try to take a late lunch 130-230 so that way when I get back i only have a few hours left and can stay focused for that long.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm with you. Busy days are much better. Except days like today. I am so busy and have so much to do, it's a little overwhelming. My gf and I work at the same place, so it's hard not to take work home either.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I'm with you. Busy days are much better. Except days like today. I am so busy and have so much to do, it's a little overwhelming. My gf and I work at the same place, so it's hard not to take work home either.

A wise man once counseled me to never get your honey where you get your money.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Today is sucking right now. It's completely dead and time is crawling. When I was younger, I loved having the occassional slow day. As I get older, I'd rather just stay busy, even if it means a frantic day. I get lazy and tend to overlook stuff I normally wouldn't if my mind's not engaged.

I don't take work stress home with me very often, if at all. Maybe if I got stressed easily, I might change my mind. I dunno. Just me?

It's been slow around here lately and time goes really slow. I know what you mean -at first I loves not having anything to do but lately I'd rather be busy then have hours to sit around.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I worked with my then GF, now wife, for awhile in college, but it was only for a summer. If I had to interact with her all throughout the day, it would be rough. We carpool right now which is perfect, because we can get any of that petty workplace crap talked out during the drive home.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
A wise man once counseled me to never get your honey where you get your money.

I worked with my then GF, now wife, for awhile in college, but it was only for a summer. If I had to interact with her all throughout the day, it would be rough. We carpool right now which is perfect, because we can get any of that petty workplace crap talked out during the drive home.

We work in a building of about 500 people and I rarely see her during the day. We used to work in the same department, her desk was literally 15 feet from mine. THAT was waaaay to much.

Carpooling used to be nice, but now it's a pain. We are both salary, and even though we have the same base schedule, we never get off near the same time. So I just make her drive herself now.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
If someone doubled your current salary to sit at a desk and do nothing (no sleep, no tv, no books, no computer, no writing, no interaction with anyone) would you take it? If yes, for how long could you honestly put up with it?

I'd go crazy after one day.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
If someone doubled your current salary to sit at a desk and do nothing (no sleep, no tv, no books, no computer, no writing, no interaction with anyone) would you take it? If yes, for how long could you honestly put up with it?

I'd do it until I ran out of cell phone games, which would be until the end of time.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'd rather be busy time goes faster. Then I can get off work and do what I want.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

Of course, I would just sleep.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

i don't know. that's a lot of money but a lot of wasted time. I'd do it for a week or so and then get bored. I'm at the point now where'd I'd take less money to be happy going to work.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX

Do you mean for 40 hours a week?

That would be pretty rough.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'd do it until I ran out of cell phone games, which would be until the end of time.
No phones or games of any kind either. Also, no working out. Just sit at a desk with blank walls all day.
Sorry, it's hard to hit all of the loopholes.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

You just described my boss of the last three years. Have you ever had someone e-mail you and ask you to e-mail someone for them, and copy them on the e-mail? Yeah...that's what my life is like now.

My job is seasonal (ag related). When there's snow on the ground or crops in the field, I have less to do at work. When folks are planting & harvesting, I'm up to my arse in alligators & someone is draining the swamp...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Nope. Busy days are better. Makes the day go by quicker. I try to take a late lunch 130-230 so that way when I get back i only have a few hours left and can stay focused for that long.

ha, I do the late lunch thing too.

I used to have slower days and that got old; I like the day to go faster. But, like farnsy said, they can get too busy and be overwhelming. The past several months have been like that for me............so anytime, like right now, where I don't have something that MUST be done within the next 24 hours, I try to enjoy it being a littler slower!

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA

Are you dating Lela or Amy? :jimlad:

planet_express_vector_logo.png