Friday OT - Not Very Inspired

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Ooh. Fufu Berry. Nice pull. I always thought it tasted like the medicine they gave me for strep throat when I was, like, 7.

So you can't be avoiding soda due to the caffeine... So why?

I'd probably go Diet Dr. Pepper. Tastes the most like the un-diet version.

All that sugar. It's just too much. I don't like candy or even desserts. And diet? Fake sugar tastes worse.

Last edited:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Soda is one of the worst things you can put in your body. It's like taking the sugar bowl and dumping it all into your mouth.

It rots your teeth.
It makes you fat.
It contains zero nutrition whatsoever for your body.
Mountain Dew contains Brominated Vegetable Oil. That's a flame retardant!

That said, Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew are two of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind. Why do they have to taste so good?

I know, you're right. Right now I have hyperemesis gravidarum, and water is too harsh for me, I barf it up. So, soda is the best option, which sorta sucks.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I see that as a plus! Enjoy delicious Mountain Dew and also feel at ease from the constant threat of spontaneous combustion.

You could constantly wear oily rags and open your car door while getting gas.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Sioux City Sarsaparilla. It's the Grand Daddy of all Sodas. I love that, Cream Soda and Root Beer.

Also, Fanta Red from the Richfield, MN Ice Arena. Although I am sure the machine of my youth is long gone.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
In eighth grade study hall, all of the cool kids drank Strawberry Crush. I try it now, and I'm worried my teeth will fall out.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Not a lot of inspiration coming to me today after a long week. Um - favorite soda, and make a case as to why it's superior to all other soda.

Diet Coke. Can't make a case as to why it's superior other than I like it. I used to have a Surge once in a while until I left one in my car overnight on a sub-zero evening and there was no sign of that thing freezing. Wondering what is in that stuff.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Only time I drink soda is when it's mixed with alcohol or if I'm eating out and don't feel like a beer with dinner.

It's an extra expense and it's bad for you.

That said, I'd probably say my favorite is Dr. Pepper.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Not even a huge root beer fan but this stuff has some kind of magical hold over me.

View attachment 25081
I was going to say Diet Canada Dry Gingerale (nearly all other major commercial brands of gingerale blow) but I actually don't like the taste of it without bourbon in it...

Then I saw this... We only keep gingerale on hand for mixers, and a 12 pack lasts like 2-3 months, but when we are really craving a soda (once every 3 months), this is what my wife and I seek out. My wife is from Milwaukee, and introduced me to Sprecher back in 1997 or so... Glad to see wider distribution since then when I'd travel back to Iowa with a couple 4-packs every time we went to visit her family.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Diet Coke. Can't make a case as to why it's superior other than I like it. I used to have a Surge once in a while until I left one in my car overnight on a sub-zero evening and there was no sign of that thing freezing. Wondering what is in that stuff.

Drinking a Caffeine Free Diet Coke myself right now, it just hits the spot sometimes.