Friday OT - Not Very Inspired

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I know, you're right. Right now I have hyperemesis gravidarum, and water is too harsh for me, I barf it up. So, soda is the best option, which sorta sucks.

First, congrats... 2nd I had to google that... 3rd, 0.5-2% pregnancies have this (google), lucky you... 4th, you have got be dehydrated all the time...

And this is why I breathed a sigh of relief when my wife confirmed she wasn't pregnant this morning (as the twins were fighting unreasonably over the ipad...)

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
First, congrats... 2nd I had to google that... 3rd, 0.5-2% pregnancies have this (google), lucky you... 4th, you have got be dehydrated all the time...

And this is why I breathed a sigh of relief when my wife confirmed she wasn't pregnant this morning (as the twins were fighting unreasonably over the ipad...)

Thank you! Yeah, they stuck me in the hospital for a week due to the dehydration at 8 weeks, had me on an IV with Dramamine and constant Zofran the whole time. Since apparently Princess Kate was hospitalized for this, it basically spilled the beans about the pregnancy to everyone we knew, since people who read People apparently knew - before that, I don't think ANYONE except the 0.5 - 2% who had it knew!

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I don't drink a lot of soda but when I do I prefer Mr. Pibb. Also, I can't stand the ****ers that turn their nose up to it because it's not Dr. Pepper. Go back to BFE Mississippi or West Virginia with all the other spicy soda sommeliers.

I drank Maker's Mark and Knob Creek for ten years before I ever had it w/ ginger ale. It's very good...which makes it very dangerous.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I try not to drink too much of it, but Mountain Dew is the nectar of the gods. On the flip side, Diet Mountain Dew is poison.

Lately I go for Cherry Coke Zero mostly which is one of the few diet pops I actually think tastes good.

Diet Code Red my man. Code Red is the best followed by regular Mnt. Dew. I don't drink regular pop anymore so my go to's are also Cherry Coke Zero and Diet Cherry Pepsi. The Cherry negates the diet taste.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
Whoever likes Cream Soda can leave.

That stuff is nasty.

It's statements like this that make me wish we had a negative rep button. Are you serious? Creme Soda is possibly the best flavor ever concocted. My second choice would be any one of the 39 flavors of SHASTA!

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
last night before the power went out and all hell broke loose. a splash of diet 7up..........with a big glass of FireBall was pretty tasty.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Soda is one of the worst things you can put in your body. It's like taking the sugar bowl and dumping it all into your mouth.

It rots your teeth.
It makes you fat.
It contains zero nutrition whatsoever for your body.
Mountain Dew contains Brominated Vegetable Oil. That's a flame retardant!

That said, Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew are two of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind. Why do they have to taste so good?
So, are you a fan of Livewire MD?

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Ooh. Fufu Berry. Nice pull. I always thought it tasted like the medicine they gave me for strep throat when I was, like, 7.

So you can't be avoiding soda due to the caffeine... So why?

I'd probably go Diet Dr. Pepper. Tastes the most like the un-diet version.

Our house gets the Diet Cherry Dr Pepper. I like the diet due to less calories, but the whole nursing thing makes me hesitant to drink more than two a day (That's a good policy anyway).

I would drink Mug Rootbeer for taste and it doesn't have caffeine, but I can't drink more than a can a day.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I know, you're right. Right now I have hyperemesis gravidarum, and water is too harsh for me, I barf it up. So, soda is the best option, which sorta sucks.

I got sick of juice too! Water isn't always staying down and you crave flavor!!! (I HOPE you're feeling better at this point!!)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I used to drink Mountain Dew every day (can or bottle, fountain Dew sucks) Now I rarely drink soda but when I do it is Coke or Pepsi. Haven't had a Dew in over 10 years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron