RV out SDW in

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Now that the RV soap opera is out of the way and he is not coming to Ames. I think that gives SDW a chance to really get some playing time and show cyclONE nation what his game is really about. From the videos I have seen of him and his record breaking performance at the CCL "I know it is a glorified pickup game" he has the potential to be one of the more dynamic scoring guards on the team for the next 3 years. Glad to have you as a Cyclone Mr. Walker!

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Im with this guy! I'm really look forward to watching this kid improve. He can score anywhere on the court and has great athleticism.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I really do hope he's ready to ball out next year. He's definitely putting in the work to get there. He has the skill set to be our best offensive weapon.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Not extremely comforting, but I at least Fred can spend a lot more time developing SDW knowing he's going to get a good amount of playing time next season.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm not completely sold on SDW yet, but I think he's got a world of potential. With Morris and Thomas starting and SDW and Long as backups, I think that will be a heck of a back court that we'll have. All of those guys with a full year of experience (I don't count Long's limited time his freshman year as true experience) should make these guys very dangerous. Very excited about the future!

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
He will be a force for ISU next season. Big 12 first team type stuff. You read it here first.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Holy god.....what are you guys watching?

said it before and I'll stand by it.....we will never be in a position recruiting wise where this kid starts. He HAD and has had opportunities.....he had every opportunity to play minutes at WVU and he stunk.

Unless we land a whale recruit....Thomas will start for 4 years....and I'm ok with that.

SanFrancysco

Feb 9, 2014
I hope there is a Plan B...or would it be C?

Now that the RV soap opera is out of the way and he is not coming to Ames. I think that gives SDW a chance to really get some playing time and show cyclONE nation what his game is really about. From the videos I have seen of him and his record breaking performance at the CCL "I know it is a glorified pickup game" he has the potential to be one of the more dynamic scoring guards on the team for the next 3 years. Glad to have you as a Cyclone Mr. Walker!

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I remember alot of people saying Ejim would not start or see alot of minutes when the transfers of Royce and company came to town and how did that turn out? I have been wrong about stuff on here before and will be again but I don't think that is this time. Recruiting wise SDW was a hell of a pick up if I remember correctly. He will be fine and surprise alot of people wrong.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
He will be a force for ISU next season. Big 12 first team type stuff. You read it here first.

Rooting for the kid, too, but Big12 first team type stuff? Wow, that's quite a jump. Or are you just being sarcastic to get us to reply? Don't get me wrong, I hope SDW improves and takes a step forward next year, but it appears to me he doesn't look in any kind of rhythm with his shot and just seems overmatched on defense. But I'm hoping for good things for the guy.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Between him, Naz, Morris, Thomas, and Custer we will have a very solid backcourt through 16-17 at least.

Assuming they all continue to develop well (aka anti-Percy), that's 5 solid guys for the 1-2 spot.

I see Morris being similar to Staten in a few years. Plays with a ton of heart and already is on the floor the majority of games.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX

I will say if a player that sees VERY limited minutes this year becomes a first teamer, we are in for a hell of a season considering he will be the 6-7th option at best.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Between him, Naz, Morris, Thomas, and Custer we will have a very solid backcourt through 16-17 at least.

Assuming they all continue to develop well (aka anti-Percy), that's 5 solid guys for the 1-2 spot.

I see Morris being similar to Staten in a few years. Plays with a ton of heart and already is on the floor the majority of games.

Well that's my point...he had a full year to train, eat, lift, shoot, learn the game more than Morris and Thomas.....and he is light years away from those two already. So not sure what drastic change folks think will take place to change that dynamic.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Well that's my point...he had a full year to train, eat, lift, shoot, learn the game more than Morris and Thomas.....and he is light years away from those two already. So not sure what drastic change folks think will take place to change that dynamic.

I agree with you. I like SDW and glad he is on the team, but I see him as the 5th best in that group. And as you said, I am fine with that. Any production we get from him is gravy IMO.

Im not sold on him being a contributor, but I do think the potential is there. I'd be extremely happy if his Jr and Sr year, he's playing 15 a game and scoring 6-7 pts.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge

said it before and I'll stand by it.....we will never be in a position recruiting wise where this kid starts. He HAD and has had opportunities.....he had every opportunity to play minutes at WVU and he stunk.

Unless we land a whale recruit....Thomas will start for 4 years....and I'm ok with that.

1. It's hard to judge a player by 5 minutes of garbage time when we are getting our *** kicked and no one is playing well. SDW did not stink in that time so i dont know what you were watching. (In my opinion SDW, Monte, and Thomas were the only ones that seemed to give a damn the last minutes of the game)
2. SDW has played in a few blowout non con games this year and did very well
3. SDW has yet to have a REAL opportunity. A real opportunity is getting a first start, or playing 20+ minutes in a game thats actually competitive
4. SDW redshirted last year to gain some size and muscle and he did just that.
5. This is his first year back. You cant make judgements on a TOP 125 player because you saw him play once all year

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Rooting for the kid, too, but Big12 first team type stuff? Wow, that's quite a jump. Or are you just being sarcastic to get us to reply? Don't get me wrong, I hope SDW improves and takes a step forward next year, but it appears to me he doesn't look in any kind of rhythm with his shot and just seems overmatched on defense. But I'm hoping for good things for the guy.

I'm not messing around at all. I'm dead serious. First team next season might be a little crazy but I don't think it is out of the question. I think he will be one of our best. I have been a SDW fan from the beginning.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

Dude, he's a freshmen...take it easy, players get better, he will be fifine I don't understand these posters that think a 18 year old kid isn't getting better, idiocy... Horrible post

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
He seems to be the most athletic guard on our roster, the game just needs to slow down for him a bit. He still has over 3 years, not sure how you can write him off.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
1. It's hard to judge a player by 5 minutes of garbage time when we are getting our *** kicked and no one is playing well. SDW did not stink in that time so i dont know what you were watching. (In my opinion SDW, Monte, and Thomas were the only ones that seemed to give a damn the last minutes of the game)
2. SDW has played in a few blowout non con games this year and did very well
3. SDW has yet to have a REAL opportunity. A real opportunity is getting a first start, or playing 20+ minutes in a game thats actually competitive
4. SDW redshirted last year to gain some size and muscle and he did just that.
5. This is his first year back. You cant make judgements on a TOP 125 player because you saw him play once all year

No. He played 13 minutes vs wvu and some of those were early minutes. Yes he stunk....didn't make one shot and had 3 fouls.

Morris didn't need a start to work his way to tons of minutes and starting....why does Sdw after a year of sitting?

Stop with the gaining weight nonsense. Can't believe people still think that's why he wasn't playing. Morris looks 125 pounds soaking wet...he seems to do just fine.

If he could start he would be....obviously he can't. Of course that can change but he's already behind 2 freshman that didn't need a year of sitting to figure it out.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado

He's RS freshman, so obviously if he hasn't contributed yet he never will.:rolleyes:

I always forget this is the same board that continually slammed Ejim in his first few years...