Ken Miller KXNO ripping us

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Blum was on Murph & Andy with a great take on it. He called coaches by nature a paranoid bunch. I think the media is by nature very insecure.

B.L.

Nov 28, 2006
Than somebody had to drag out coach Mac,\. that was when we played in the big twelve north of course there were more wins we also playe Colorado! Couldn't win the big twelve north!! Than Miller talks about how he really likes CPR and the next sentence starts to bash all Clone fans. From a sat. radio show I listen to MOVING ON!!!!!!!!

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
I feel that if Ken Miller is ripping on Iowa State, then we're probably doing something right.

If Miller starts singing ISU praises, then it's time to be truly concerned.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
All this thread has taught me is Ken Miller some how still has a show!! I also learned today that Marty and Cotlar still have shows!! WTF is going on here, all of these guys were horrible when I actually listened like 8 years ago. How are they still here and on air?

I am once again reminded why I stick with Sirius and podcasts.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I mean, he has a point, in that ISU does PR work to spin things positively. Like every other organization on the earth. So in reality what he is saying is that we have an effective PR department. Thanks Ken!

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
I was so board with Murphy and Andy beating the dead horse I flipped over to KFAN and listen to them talk about Minnesota High School Hockey for an hour, at least it was engaging plus Serius radio is free this week. They sounded awfully insecure and defensive especially of John Sears......don't know what he did or who the media CPR was addressing but it is really a non story until the guy hits the field and plays.........we remember the last 4 start WR at ISU.

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
Hate Ken Miller. He is such a poser. Just admit you are a hawk homer already. It's obvious. I hate how he says he has no lean.

Also, If he is doing so well in Vegas, why is he hosting a below average radio talk show in central Iowa?

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
While you are all bashing the kxno guys, remember that Chris Williams is asked to come on these shows quite often and they are nothing but respectful to him and they do spend a fair amount of time giving ISU some decent pub (not to mention CF).

The kxno guys are upset because they don't wear thick enough shoulder pads to realize that if CPR was talking about them specifically when referencing the media that they should take it with a grain of salt. And if he wasn't, then they should let it go in one ear and out the other. They are, as Tre put it, "being ninnies".

If anything, CPR is guilty of being thrilled that Allen honored his word in spite if those in the media who couldn't believe a kid would do that... For ISU of all places. It is a slap in the face to the man who is the face of ISU football and he should be ****** about it. Too many times is the media given a pass because they are the media.

So, CPR took a moment to rub their noses in it. So what? The media spends a fair amount of time denigrating others while hiding behind a keyboard or TV camera. Sucks when the tables are turned on some of them since they obviously can't handle it.

To the media heads out there, if my comments pertain to you please take them with a grain of salt. If not, thanks for doing what you do.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I think it is interesting how juvenile the local media has acted because they were criticized for their behavior. They spend a significant portion of their careers criticizing and critiquing local sports figures.

I guess they can dish it, but they sure can't take it.

As to the intellectually deprived McCarney versus Rhoads response, what were ticket sales under Dan? I think fan support tells you all you need to know about who has done a better job. Funny how we have reached the point of expanding our stadium for such a downtrodden program.

It might serve our local media well to spend a little time on introspection.

Last edited:
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
I think it is interesting how juvenile the local media has acted because they were criticized for their behavior. They spend a significant portion of their careers criticizing and critique local sports figures.

I guess they can dish it but they can't take it.

As the intellectually deprived McCarney versus Rhoads response. What were ticket sales under Dan? I think fan support tells you all you need to know about who has done a better job. Funny how we have reached the point of expanding our stadium for such a downtrodden program.

Well said!

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I'd take Miller over Jimay Baay any day. Between him and Cotlar, I'm not sure who is more blatantly dumb.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I liked how they had the caller who brought winning percentage and percent of games against top 25 teams, yet they wouldn't admit that we are better off than we were before.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
All this thread has taught me is Ken Miller some how still has a show!! I also learned today that Marty and Cotlar still have shows!! WTF is going on here, all of these guys were horrible when I actually listened like 8 years ago. How are they still here and on air?

I am once again reminded why I stick with Sirius and podcasts.

The problem is the guys that replaced Cottler are worse than Cottler. The same goes when they tired the Jon Miller experiment on KXNO. For the market we are in for what these guys get paid you are not going to get much of anything better than what we have. Like I said before the afternoon guys are good half the time and the other half they are just annoying. Ken has had a huge beef with ISU for a few years not for some reason.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
As to the intellectually deprived McCarney versus Rhoads response, what were ticket sales under Dan? I think fan support tells you all you need to know about who has done a better job. Funny how we have reached the point of expanding our stadium for such a downtrodden program.

Problem with Mac that they don't understand is before the season began you could pretty much know the outcome of every game. With CPR that isn't the case.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I've always considered Ken Miller the least-biased and most-knowledgable guy on the radio in this market. I mean that. But with that said, after today's show, it seems he's followed the lead of other butthurt media types on this one. The press conference has been completely blown out of proportion because the Reg and radio types like M & A and M & B don't like be called out for hounding and singling out an 18-yr-old kid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron