Tattoos

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Picked up the latest Juice over lunch today and the feature this week is interesting to say the least: dmJuice.com :: Juice-Live & Work

Baffles me why some people would put so much ink on their bodies, too much is just unattractive I think. Two comments I got a kick out of:

Nichole Hiller, 25 "They represent growth"
Meredith Goerat, 20 "The one on my arm is a memorial tattoo as well as my view against the war."

Ok, what exactly is an arm covered in ink representing "growth?" And a memorial tat I can understand but "view against the war?" What you gonna tell your grand kids some day about that one? "yeah I was so cool back in the days, that was a statement tattoo about the Iraq war!"

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I think tattoo's are cool I'm just not going to spend all that money on them. I guess I'll have to wait to go to the clink to get all tatted up.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Nichole Hiller, 25 "They represent growth"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm an old geezer (age 50) and can't wait for this fad to be over. Especially don't find them attractive on a woman's body, which I believe is just fine the way it is and doesn't need any 'growth' covering it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Some tats I dont mind. Alot of the ones enlisted guys got in the war to honor the fallen, their platoon, etc are super cool. Something that is a lifetime treasure is also ok with me (parents names, favorite team, etc) Having a huge dragon wrapped around your whole body is stupid. Having your girlfriends name tattooed or a temporary event is also stupid.

Not a fan of the over-done tramp stamp either. Get original ladies.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I guess laser removal technology has made it possible for idiots to make permanent idiotic political statements on their bodies without the nasty little thing of permanent getting in the way.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I only want one tattoo - a coat of arms with helm, sword, and drapery, and below that on an unrolled scroll Ephesians 6 (verses escape my memory) - the Armor of God section.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Ok, what exactly is an arm covered in ink representing "growth?" And a memorial tat I can understand but "view against the war?" What you gonna tell your grand kids some day about that one? "yeah I was so cool back in the days, that was a statement tattoo about the Iraq war!"

It doesn't make sense because by the time she has grandchildren there probably won't be an Iraq. "Granny, what's an Iraq?"

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My favorite is the women who get their lips tattooed the color of lipstick so they dont have to wear lipstick. I also like the people who get the stuff shoved under their skin so it makes raised patterns.

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
I have 2 tattoos and they mean something to me. i am all for tattoos and am planning on gettting some more but i only get stuff that is personal. my tattoos now are a cross on my back and a portrait of my grandfather on my arm. i like tattoos and think that they can preseve a memory better than other things.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
My favorite is when people tell Mike Tyson that thing on his face is cool. "Yeah Mike it looks awesome, I think I might get one":biglaugh::biglaugh:

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
I've seen a few tattoos that used profanity. I'll bet they work well for job interviews.

kmcbrid

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
www.municipalgame.com
I'm an old geezer (age 50) and can't wait for this fad to be over. Especially don't find them attractive on a woman's body, which I believe is just fine the way it is and doesn't need any 'growth' covering it.

I believe that this isn't a fad and it will never be over. Tattoos have been around for years and years and I don't see them going away.

To me tattoos with a personal meaning are the risky ones. I, having 3 tattoos, never got one for someone or to mean something. They are just designs that I think look good. No remorse in getting them and nothing personal to tie them to, to make me regret them down the line.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have tats as well, but of course they mean something significant to me (heritage, initials, etc). I started mine on the back shoulder blade and up to the shoulder, but nothing you can see "for job purposes" as some people look at it as unprofessional (unfortunately) plus i don't need to show them off.

I love mine though - plus, i get them for free or tip only, because, well, everyone needs to know a tat guy ;)

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I have a lot of tats. None that go below a normal t-shirt. None that would cause an employer to not promote me or not hire me if needed. It pretty much a bad idea to get them where people can spot them that hire people. YOu are pretty much saying you want to make 30k doing hard work the rest of your life.

I was also in the Marines so I have some Marine Tats that are pretty much mandatory.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If I had a job where it would be acceptable to have alot of tattoos and make good money(rock star, athlete are all that come to mind) then I would have tatts all over!

Right now I have two, one on each arm, easily covered with a t-shirt...

acs4isu

Sep 8, 2006
West Des Moines
I have two tats and will probably get some more. I turn 44 this year and they both have very special significance to me. None of them show in short sleeves, but I can understand those who want to show them. It's a personal expression and not really something that is up to anyone else to judge... at least in my opinion.

I found it amusing that one girl got a tat "repping 515"... seriously? You tattoo an area code? That's it... I'm getting a tramp stamp of 50265 to rep West Des Moines' ZIP code

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron