What kind of Spider is this

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I keep finding these little hell spawns around my house every since I brought home some Mulch bags last year. I used to have these harmless red/brown walking spiders but since these showed up, have not seen one. I want to rule out the Hobo spider but I'm not sure. They seem to range from very small to about 1/2" long. Thoughts? And yes, this was terminated on site after intense interrogation about who he was working with. :twitcy:

spider2.jpg

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
That actually could be a brown recluse. Not an expert, but with the legs withdrawn its difficult to identify. However, it does have the dark brown line down its body similar to pic....just sayin i hate these frickin things and i agree with MNclone - best type of spider is the one in your picture!!!!!

brown-recluse.jpg

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
That actually could be a brown recluse. Not an expert, but with the legs withdrawn its difficult to identify. However, it does have the dark brown line down its body similar to pic....just sayin i hate these frickin things and i agree with MNclone - best type of spider is the one in your picture!!!!!

View attachment 24414
Does have some resemblence and I know my picture isn't all that great but it really doesn't look like what I see. This is closer to what I see (Yellow Sac Spider) which is almost just as bad.
QQOR7QCRRQR050K020S0N00060L0SQL0M0YQM0CQM0L0P0K060K050OQZQTQX03QZQBRG0S0G0UR3KTQJKNRQQQ0P0.jpg

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
Saw a 2 foot tall wolf spider in my basement when we first moved in. Preferred Pest Control has been coming since. I haven't seen a crawling bug in my house in 7 years. Also, I think the Preferred Pest guy is an ISU alum. Might be wrong on that.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
Saw a 2 foot tall wolf spider in my basement when we first moved in. Preferred Pest Control has been coming since. I haven't seen a crawling bug in my house in 7 years. Also, I think the Preferred Pest guy is an ISU alum. Might be wrong on that.

Two feet tall? I believe I would have pooped my pants and then immediately found another domicile.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames

:skeptical: Typo?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron