Kane's Ankle

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
He will be out for KU. Wouldn't be surprised if he even misses Texas in a week. The guy can barely walk right now.

He'll be fine, and he'll play against Kansas.

awd4cy? Jordanj6502? Let's see who wins on Monday's episode of "The Legend of DeAndre Kane"

But seriously I think he is out Monday. I would expect Morris to start in his place and SDW to pick up some minutes, but Morris/Long/Thomas will all play more than usual.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
99% sure he'll be out against Kansas. Honestly, just hope it's a sprain and he can come back against Texas. Kansas gets another break, stupid bastards.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
99% sure he'll be out against Kansas. Honestly, just hope it's a sprain and he can come back against Texas. Kansas gets another break, stupid bastards.

I really don't think he's hurt that bad. Looked like a minor tweaked ankle to me. I'll be surprised not to see him play on Monday.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
He will play I don't know why people think it looked that bad. Also why would he put weight on it. No need to hurt it more. It will hurt but he will play Monday.

HawkHater247

Nov 22, 2011
See I thought most of the posters thought we would lose, myself included. But it still hurts. Norman just has our number for some reason and is a good team this year so not a bad loss at all. I am at work and turned it off after the 1:40 mark so i didnt see Kane get hurt, i got a text from a buddy in Michigan saying he hoped Kane was ok. This may just be the fire starter we needed... like another poster said, best start ever and lets have the best finish ever. Always proud of our team and i believe we"ll bounce back strong assuming Kane is ok...

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Do us all a favor and if you are not affiliated with the team don't throw out stats like "your 99% sure he won't play on Monday" until we actually get an update from the team.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Hopefully it's just a low sprain, but in my amateur physician's opinion, it could be one of those dreaded high ankle sprains, cause I think you tend to get them while you're twisting.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Classy Oklahoma fans shouting boomer sooner while a player gets injured and carried off the court.
They were really quiet for a minute or so before that. I think the chant was after the initial quiet/concern, when they got bored. I had no prob with it.