DO NOT RUSH THE COURT

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Why the hell are people so concerned about how our fans "look" to outsiders. Don't give a rat's @ss about how our fans look to blog writers. React to the game how u want as long as it isn't illegal

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
I would be interested to hear the players opinion. If its something they appreciate then do it, if its embarrassing to them we need to stop. The Fizer and Tinsley era this didnt happen after every big win and it doesnt need to now. Lets just be happy we can ***** about this. 8-0 and on to the next one!

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
I think hawkeye and KU fans also don't like this thing called Hilton Magic. I say we tear down Hilton to please KU and hawkeye fans

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
I would be interested to hear the players opinion. If its something they appreciate then do it, if its embarrassing to them we need to stop. The Fizer and Tinsley era this didnt happen after every big win and it doesnt need to now. Lets just be happy we can ***** about this. 8-0 and on to the next one!

Pretty sure it did happen a couple of times that year too. I remember running onto the court and getting a pic with Tinsley. I don't think it will happen every game this year either. Just games that go down to the wire.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I think it's funny how many people say "who cares what other fans think". It's those same fans that can barely contain themselves when they lose to a rival because then they have to face those other fans in the office. Hell, the only reason fans get so passionate is because they want to be associated with a winner. It's all about perception.

RVD4

Dec 26, 2011
This IS a big game for both teams, when we worry about being cool instead of having fun, we miss the meaning of the game.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I'm so sick of the "rush the court police". Who cares? I'm not going to tell some drunk kid that sat outside for 24 hours freezing their *** off they can't rush the court. Who cares what anyone thinks? We have some reall vags on this board

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Not that it matters, because really, who cares what other teams fans think. But just an FYI, I went to 5 different teams' blogs all of which had a game thread on this game, and all of them laughed at us for rushing the court. So there you go, if you want an outsiders perspective.

Oh no! People are making fun of us? My image as an ISU fan is torn. How on earth can I go on?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Hey guys, just so you know, Hawkeye Fans are making fun of us on twitter. We should all feel bad. I almost feel like we should have chicken wire installed around the court so we can't rush it anymore..

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Is rushing the court fun?
Yes.

Does it make our student section look like idiots when they do it after beating a lower ranked team at home?
Resounding yes.

Do I really give a **** as an alum?
No, I'll take the W.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Keith Olberman was ripping us last night for storming the court. Something about we must not have understood we were ranked higher and not supposed to storm the court

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Embarrassed that our students rushed last night. It's time to act like we've been there before! We were the higher ranked team and Iowa up until this year and last has not been good so that is a game you cheer in the stands and act like we knew all along we were going to win that game. Maybe our students right now are just finding out what it feels like to have a good team I guess, when I was there during the Fizer and Tinlsey years we didn't rush the court after beating ranked opponents because we knew we had a good team and felt we expected to win every game in Hilton (which we did for 2 straight seasons.)

It's obvious by now that we have a good team this year, let's act like it as fans and and not go overboard every time we beat another good team. You don't see the other top half of the Big 12 schools (mostly the Texas and Oklahoma schools) rushing the court after every good win because usually it means your fans view it as a big upset. Michigan game this year I can understand, we were unranked and they were #7 and national title runner ups last year but we were 17 and Iowa 23, this was a good win but not a HUGE win by any means.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Keith Olberman was ripping us last night for storming the court. Something about we must not have understood we were ranked higher and not supposed to storm the court

If Keith Olberman ripped us for storming the court, then we've got to stop.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Did we rush against UMKC when we beat them by 50? no.
We rushed against an in-state rival who was beating us the entire game until the last 90 seconds.
We rushed against a team who hit all there free throws except the ones that mattered.
We rushed against a team who, for once, didn't hit the game tying/winning shot in the last few seconds.

We rushed against the goddamn hawkeyes, because **** them. Get over it.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
I like Andy Katz' video of court storming
[video=youtube;ueX7rEE9gxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueX7rEE9gxg[/video]

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Hey guys, just so you know, Hawkeye Fans are making fun of us on twitter. We should all feel bad. I almost feel like we should have chicken wire installed around the court so we can't rush it anymore..

Chicken wire would only keep Iowa fans out...might help keep the Iowa cheerleaders in line, I s'pose.