Starting lineup will be

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I thought he was the sg for the first2 years

Could be. I really don't know. Following Marshall wasn't exactly high on my list of priorities :smile:

I do know he avaraged something like 7 assists/game last year, and he's more of a slasher than a shooter.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I thought it was interesting that Naz was in the new uniform pic. Not sure if there is much to read into that or not. He looks stacked though and I almost didn't recognize him without the stache he had in last year's team poster.

View attachment 22151

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I doubt even CFH knows what this team is going to turn into this season. So much young unproven talent, combined with 4 transfers. Ejim and Niang are the only sure things, with Kane about as close to a sure thing for someone who has never played a minute for ISU as you can get. Booker started over Niang to begin the season last year, we saw how long that lasted.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
I think the line between PG, SG, and SF will be blurred more than ever this year. We look far too strong in the back-court to have just two guards on the court. I think we'll see a lot of small ball again (obviously when we don't have a real go-to post) with a mix of Naz/Kane/Morris/Thomas/SDW/Bluford.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Starting lineup of OOC should be taken with a grain of salt. Fred will try various lineups till he finds the most effective rotation.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Also, unless a recruit is a freak athlete, I am always skeptical about true freshman starting even when they have more talent.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
We are stacked in the back end. And we have a coach that is flexible enough to know to take maximum advantage of that. And our starters up front are as effective as any in the league. So, my major question for this year is who will come off the bench to help Niang and Ejim so they do not get in foul trouble. For them to be effective, they will need that kind of supporting cast. Don't know how the boys will end up this year (definitely upper echelon but not sure exactly where), but it will be exciting ball. Let the games begin.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
If you don't have Hogue starting you are kidding yourself. The only reason he wouldn't start is because if Bubu Palo would be starting, and he's gone.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Starting lineup of OOC should be taken with a grain of salt. Fred will try various lineups till he finds the most effective rotation.
I concur. Fred will play ten in various positions most of non conference as always. When we get to Jan, we will know The Five Starters.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
I don't think anyone knows the starting lineup yet, Fred included. I think it's safe to say Kane, Ejim, and Niang will start every game barring injury. Outside of that, there's a lot of buzz around Thomas and I think he starts. Final spot comes down to Hogue and Long. Would be a great lineup I think.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Depends what Hoiberg goes with but i think 4 guys are locks to start. Kane, Thomas, Niang, and Ejim. So do we go with Morris at point and move everyone down a spot? Or do we go SDW at the 2/3 spot? Or do we go Hogue for a defensive stopper and more size?

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I think Kane, Ejim, and Niang are the only locks. There are way too many practices left until the first game even the coaches don't know. They may know who is the starting 5 for the start of practice, but that's a lot of time for change. Having said that, I have to think Thomas is very close to a lock.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Kane, Ejim, and Niang of course start. Can't help but think we'll generally have at least one knock-down shooter starting, which I'm guessing would be SDW or Thomas. Other spot Long or Hogue, depending on how competition plays out and opponent. Also getting lots of PT would be Morris, Gibson, and the two above SDW/Thomas and Long/Hogue) who don't start. Hey, I just named most of the team; how about that!