First off the bench:
Thomas
Hogue
Edozie

According to someone who would know...
Morris will play, just not as much as some of you expect

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
seems like a pretty solid line up. I was just about to mention Naz looking like his body is big12 ready. his game.. guess we will see

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
"Naz is gonna surprise some people" -my source. Also Dorsey walker can apparently score from anywhere and will most likely start

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
Guy also said that Kane is the most competitive guy he's played with, really gets into it. Specifically with Niang, those two have really gone at it despite playing nearly opposite positions. Always matched up on different teams in 5 on 5's during the offseason. Also mentioned Bubu would be our starting point guard if he was eligible and was unbelivable in preseason. Not going to appeal as of now.

DrewCo

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2008
Quad Cities
Dorsey-Walker wont start over Thomas. I'll put any amount of money on it. ANY. it won't happen.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
Dorsey-Walker wont start over Thomas. I'll put any amount of money on it. ANY. it won't happen.

Not necessarily "over" him but both could start.

from what I have heard naz ejim and Niang are locks and walker Thomas and Kane are fighting for the final two spots

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I could see Thomas because of his shooting. Dorsey walker seemed more athletic plus he's not fresh outa high school that's my only reasoning.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
Not necessarily "over" him but both could start.

from what I have heard naz ejim and Niang are locks and walker Thomas and Kane are fighting for the final two spots
Kane's in, it's between Naz, Dorsey-Walker, and Thomas for the final 2 spots. All will play plenty.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
Kane,Dorsey walker, naz and Thomas will all play starter type minutes in those 3 starter positions and as the 6th man spot. All good players IMO

CHAKAZULU

Mar 16, 2011
Guy also said that Kane is the most competitive guy he's played with, really gets into it. Specifically with Niang, those two have really gone at it despite playing nearly opposite positions. Always matched up on different teams in 5 on 5's during the offseason. Also mentioned Bubu would be our starting point guard if he was eligible and was unbelivable in preseason. Not going to appeal as of now.

Did the guy tell you that Bubu has not appealed President Leath Decision? Any way it is too late to do so since time limit for appeals to the BOR is 20 days. I had hoped the ISU Daily could have asked Bubu if he has appealed the decision to dismiss him from the team.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't question the starting lineup as much as I do the first guys off the bench. I don't see Edozie getting minutes off the bench before Gibson. But I could be wrong.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Absolutely agree that Edozie does not get more minutes before Gibson. Naz will be improved. Dustin Hogue I believe will be the wild card of the bunch and will see some solid minutes..

I don't question the starting lineup as much as I do the first guys off the bench. I don't see Edozie getting minutes off the bench before Gibson. But I could be wrong.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm thinking that Morris may end up getting more minutes than we all think eventually. Only because I'm not sure how great of ball handlers that Kane and Naz are? I know Naz looked better at the 2 than the 1 because of his ball handling skills. But maybe he's improved in that area?

Kane didn't play much 1 at Marshall from what I can tell by watching videos of Marshall's games. He says he can play it, but at Marshall he was more of a 2 or a 3.

If for some reason Kane and/or Naz struggle at the point, I could see Morris getting time. With Fred loving mismatches, I wonder if we'd ever see Dorsey Walker playing some point too? He can handle it pretty well.