PODCAST: Steve Deace joins me to break down Cy-Hawk week

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Great podcast. I love Deace's FB analysis. He knows a lot about CFB and has some good opinions out of it. If he and even Jon Miller still had a show on KXNO, I'd listen online evey day. Personally, I don't get why people hold such a grudge against him. I could care less about his political or religious convictions. And so what if he's a Michigan fan and ran the ISU Scout site? What's the Scout site like now? Dead.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
I always admire Deace's passion for college football and have great respect for his knowledge of the game. I very much enjoy his contributions to CF and hope it continues. I know I have said it before but Miller & Deace was just great sports radio back in the day.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Great podcast. I love Deace's FB analysis. He knows a lot about CFB and has some good opinions out of it. If he and even Jon Miller still had a show on KXNO, I'd listen online evey day. Personally, I don't get why people hold such a grudge against him. I could care less about his political or religious convictions. And so what if he's a Michigan fan and ran the ISU Scout site? What's the Scout site like now? Dead.

If Jon Miller & Deace had a show ... It would be a great lister whether a Clone or Hawk. I get tired of Wimpy Murph and his girlish chatty-Kathy topics.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I enjoyed the segment. It's really to bad that the neanderthals/heathens that share my lack of religious conviction make such an effort to make stupid inane comments because Steve has his own convictions. Makes them look more ignorant and intolerant then the people they wish to mock.
I don't know if that's true. I thought we've had threads on him before where it was explained that a lot of the sports hate doesn't come from his religious views and the way he presents them (though that probably doesn't help), but from certain actions as a sports personality, and the way he ran a cyclone website. I never experienced any of it, but I think other site members did, and they might be able to explain.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Westboro baptist isn't that bad if you ignore their political and religious convictions.

Reactions: Judoka

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Westboro baptist isn't that bad if you ignore their political and religious convictions.

C'mon man, I hate Deace's politics as much as you and I think the guy is a hypocrite but he's not the WBC.

Has he said hateful things? If so please post them, seriously, I honestly don't recall if he's crossed any lines in that regard.

I must admit I love his CFB talk. I always did. Used to listen to him every day.

I thought the podcast was great.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I don't live in central Iowa and have never listened or been exposed to anything other than occasional sports related stuff from him. I just think he's trying really, really hard to be Colin Cowherd. And I think Colin Cowherd is basically the representation of everything that is wrong with sports media. So a low rent wannabe Colin Cowherd is about 100 times worse.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have only listened to him once and that was enough and it was his sports show. His political junk crept into that as well although that is not why I found no interest in him whatsoever. He just seemed like a blowhard (similar to Cowherd) who kept blabbering about Michigan and the Big Ten on a central Iowa sports show and I didn't see the point. I am not sure why people aren't free to dislike him without being attacked for that.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I am not sure why people aren't free to dislike him without being attacked for that.

I don't think it's the fact that people dislike him...I personally tire of any mention of him inciting 3 pages of rants about how bad he is. I am not that familiar with him either so I don't care, but just seeing Deace...I know it's going to be a flame-fest.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Sounds like Deace is one of those guys people say they don't like just to fit in.

MY beef with Deace isn't to fit in. It dates back to when Royce Hooks and Brett Nash were accused of sexually assaulting a teammates sister and the B/S he was spewing out like he actually knew what happened. Then add to it the fact the B/S that he says Mac treated the Iowa game like it was a bowl game. I was there and know what happened in the Hooks/Nash thing and I was there and didn't experience Iowa week treated like a bowl game. I won't lie Iowa week was a little more intense, but so was Nebraska and KState weeks.

I agree he has good college football knowledge, but he sensationalizes alot and throws B/S out there like it is the truth and that is why I don't care for him.

I don't care about his political stances and they have no bearing on my feelings for him.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Best podcast I have heard on here I think ever, great stuff Chris!

I think many people here are bashing Deace because his views don't agree with theirs. I don't agree with allot of things he says, and in fact clashed with him allot in the old Cyclone Nation days. But, what you can't deny is, that he is very talented on the radio and behind the mic, and he thinks through everything he says.

I really hope he is a regular on here!

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
This is the plan. I've got to get a few loose ends figured out regarding technology and how it's going to happen but within a week or two, this should be a weekly podcast here.

I'd suggest one covering the last weekend's results and another looking ahead to that week's games. Not that I'm greedy or anything. Plus it's my bday today so now you pretty much have to do it.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
This is the plan. I've got to get a few loose ends figured out regarding technology and how it's going to happen but within a week or two, this should be a weekly podcast here.

Chris I loved the podcast. Loved hearing Deace's stories and opinions. Not sure what all the butt hurt about Deace is about. I swear some people ***** just to *****.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
I'd suggest one covering the last weekend's results and another looking ahead to that week's games. Not that I'm greedy or anything. Plus it's my bday today so now you pretty much have to do it.

Happy Birthday!