NDSU did us a favor tonight IMO

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Not convinced we needed extra motivation to take UNI seriously but it's nice the coaches can now show a perfect example of FCS able to beat a Big 12 team. Will it help tomorrow? Who knows but it certainly can't hurt.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
They did us a favor in letting Pollard know to send a check in the mail to not come to Iowa next year and instead let's bring Savannah State in.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I have to agree, only good things can come from this. On the very off chance UNI does beat us, at least we weren't the only ones to go down to a FCS team (although the Big 12 would look horrible). And the whole reality check thing is nice too. Also, maybe gives us a little taste as to where KSU might stack up this year, and opportunity for ISU to vault up a position or two in the Big 12 standings.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Meh, U of I Cedar Falls is no where near as good as NDSU.

Of course not. BUt the OP is 100%.

This scoreline absolutely serves as better motivation for the team than Rhoads reminding the players that UNI kept it close and within 2 TDs of EIU and Wiscy last year with a worse team.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
They did us a favor in letting Pollard know to send a check in the mail to not come to Iowa next year and instead let's bring Savannah State in.

Totally. Get them off the schedule Pollard has really put ISU behind the 8 ball with some moronic scheduling. POllard giving Tulsa, Toledo, and SJ State (huge sleeping giant a good Bay area prospect only has a 50% chance of qualifying at Cal or Stanford so if you wanna stay home thats the only option in one of the 5 biggest metro areas in the US) return games and not even getting 2 for 1s is CRIMINAL!

UNLV of course in 7 years is a team you gladly play on the road since its a summer bowl game for the fans but those 3 games are just as ******* stupid as NDST.

Why the **** would a Big 12 team give Toledo a return game? IS Florida going there?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Totally. Get them off the schedule Pollard has really put ISU behind the 8 ball with some moronic scheduling. POllard giving Tulsa, Toledo, and SJ State (huge sleeping giant a good Bay area prospect only has a 50% chance of qualifying at Cal or Stanford so if you wanna stay home thats the only option in one of the 5 biggest metro areas in the US) return games and not even getting 2 for 1s is CRIMINAL!

UNLV of course in 7 years is a team you gladly play on the road since its a summer bowl game for the fans but those 3 games are just as ******* stupid as NDST.

Why the **** would a Big 12 team give Toledo a return game? IS Florida going there?
Because we should never be afraid of those programs. Reach down and check to see if there is a sack down there.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

strange rant.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Because we should never be afraid of those programs. Reach down and check to see if there is a sack down there.

It has nothing to do with being afraid. Where did I say don't schedule them?

I said act like a Big 12 team and don't GIVE THEM ROAD GAMES!

Again, Florida hosts Toledo tomorrow. Please tell me when the return game is? Oh wait, they are Florida tehy wouldn't ******* dream of going to Toledo.

If you want to make it about money then tell me why fans selling out season tickets isn't enough support financially to have the program act like they are in the Big 12.

3 extremely stupid return games are on future schedules. One of them not only just beat us in the bowl BUT winning the 3rd rubber game of the series will the WORTHLESS nationally after BGSU just packed their **** in.

I'd love to hear what you think the program has to gain by going to Tulsa, Toledo, and San Jose and if beating those teams in their house will get ANY positive attention to the program? All it takes is 200k extra to not have to go to their place. And as I said the fans have completely done their part in acting like a big time program, its time for the AD to follow suit.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009

You're right!! We are a prestigious program with many National Titles in a great location just like the Gators. Why are we playing at Toledo? And Pollard should have known years ago when these schedules were made that NDSU would beat 4 BCS teams in a row and win FCS titles left and right. He's obviously not doing his job, off with his head!

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
You're right!! We are a prestigious program with many National Titles in a great location just like the Gators. Why are we playing at Toledo? And Pollard should have known years ago when these schedules were made that NDSU would beat 4 BCS teams in a row and win FCS titles left and right. He's obviously not doing his job, off with his head!

It costs an extra 2-300k to not have to go back to Toledo. That is money ISU is guaranteed to recoup by playing a home game against anyone.

You are playing with fire when you schedule teams like that because if you get a good MAC or MWC team in their year when they are the best team in that conference they are literally impossible to beat on the road. Did you see how well Rutgers played last night only to lose in Fresno?

Hey, UNLV was a great team to schedule home and home I gave Pollard props for that since its 2 easy wins and a fun summer bowl game for the fans. The other 3 are stupid.

NDST was scheduled a long time ago but could have been cancelled long ago as well after the first national championship. Do you really feel good about opening up against them next year?

Reactions: Cyballz

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
It costs an extra 2-300k to not have to go back to Toledo. That is money ISU is guaranteed to recoup by playing a home game against anyone.

You are playing with fire when you schedule teams like that because if you get a good MAC or MWC team in their year when they are the best team in that conference they are literally impossible to beat on the road. Did you see how well Rutgers played last night only to lose in Fresno?

Hey, UNLV was a great team to schedule home and home I gave Pollard props for that since its 2 easy wins and a fun summer bowl game for the fans. The other 3 are stupid.

NDST was scheduled a long time ago but could have been cancelled long ago as well after the first national championship. Do you really feel good about opening up against them next year?

Dude I'm agreeing with you, there are literally millions of teams knocking down Pollard's door with offers to play in Ames for peanuts and he chooses to play these teams on the road. It's ridiculous and someone has to stop him. I'm going to Pollard's house now to talk to him, this can't wait....who's coming with me?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Good lord get a grip. Let your wife keep your sack in her purse, which I am guessing this already is the case. The pansy *** ***** fanbase needs to step up and grow a pair and play teams worth a ****. Beating **** bag schools gives us no cred, if we are ready to make the next step like so many on here want to claim lets step up the competition. Or we can continue to celebrate beating the UNI's of the world. At some point the pessimistic whiners who are fine with beating FCS need to move on and be ready to face teams with a pulse if we want the respect everyone on here think we deserve.

If that hurts UNI's fanbase and athletic budget I could care less. Besides there is not a true UNI fan in this state anyway. They are all hawk fans anyway. **** UNI.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california

Considering this is what NDSU loses next year:

QB
RB
Top two WR’s
2 OL
3 starting DL
LB
Entire secondary

Yeah, I feel pretty good about ISU opening their 2014 season against NDSU.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

This must be that "new" definition for the word "literally."

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010

Yea, that home and home worked out so well. Especially when we choked and looked like dog ****.

Help Support Us

Become a patron