Preferred Walk-On Transfer

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Caleb Leichtnam, standout star at Rochester Community & Technical College will be a preferred walk-on, sitting out this year.

After talking with our sports department, the Sports Director said he is 2-time All American and National Defensive Player of the Year his freshman season. Runs a 4.45 40yd Listed at 6'0" 188#

2012 RCTC Football Roster

RCTC is a pretty good program... only losing nine games in the last six years.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
038CalebLeichtman_000.JPG

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
So he'll redshirt and have 2 years of eligibility?

Should be a good gunner if nothing else.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Caleb Leichtnam, standout star at Rochester Community & Technical College will be a preferred walk-on, sitting out this year.

After talking with our sports department, the Sports Director said he is 2-time All American and National Defensive Player of the Year his freshman season. Runs a 4.45 40yd Listed at 6'0" 188#

2012 RCTC Football Roster

RCTC is a pretty good program... only losing nine games in the last six years.

its a good program for non scholarship JUCO. My brothers in law played for another team in that same conference and let's just say a school like IWCC would easily hang 75 points on RCTC. None of the schools from that Minnesota conference play scholarship schools on a regular basis and when they do it is a very long ugly day for them.

Not saying he can't be a good player as RCTC has turned out some decent players. But I always hate how RCTC touts their record when they don't even play "big boy" JUCO ball.

If I remember right they played in that JUCO bowl in Cedar Falls not too long ago and got by 60 or 70 by a scholarship team.

Regardless, welcome aboard and good luck.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
20 INTERCEPTIONS IN A CAREER IS GOOD. Put another way, how many of our receivers caught 20 passes in a season?

That's an impressive stat. I remember seeing a story about him on Rochester news when visiting in laws. But as stated earlier my brothers in law played in that conference. And having sat through some of their games the term quarterback in that conference is defined by whomever is willing to play the position. Those games normally had a lot of Ints due to such horrible QB play. I cannot emphasize enough how bad the football is in that conference. It was painful to watch at times.

Once again not saying he can't be a good player. Just saying keep expectations in check considering those stats were against teams that wouldn't even be a good 4A high school team (and that is not an exaggeration).

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
That's an impressive stat. I remember seeing a story about him on Rochester news when visiting in laws. But as stated earlier my brothers in law played in that conference. And having sat through some of their games the term quarterback in that conference is defined by whomever is willing to play the position. Those games normally had a lot of Ints due to such horrible QB play. I cannot emphasize enough how bad the football is in that conference. It was painful to watch at times.

Once again not saying he can't be a good player. Just saying keep expectations in check considering those stats were against teams that wouldn't even be a good 4A high school team (and that is not an exaggeration).

Quit ruining the mood, you Debbie Downer :jimlad:

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I am impressed with the preferred/invited walkons the past few seasons. Keep em coming CPR.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

He's a preferred walk on. If he sees the two deeps at all he's exceeded my expectations. Best of luck to him though and glad to have him aboard. Even if he doesn't see the field upgrading the talent level of our walk ons and back ups is essential to keep moving the team in an upwards direction.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
He's a preferred walk on. If he sees the two deeps at all he's exceeded my expectations. Best of luck to him though and glad to have him aboard. Even if he doesn't see the field upgrading the talent level of our walk ons and back ups is essential to keep moving the team in an upwards direction.

I thought the direction was "FORWARD."