FAC

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I think the NCAA needs to institute a new sport - Beer Olympics! This would mean an instant Top Ten Ranking for ISU and an eventual national championship. Wish they had when I was there, I'd be an All-American.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I think the NCAA needs to institute a new sport - Beer Olympics! This would mean an instant Top Ten Ranking for ISU and an eventual national championship. Wish they had when I was there, I'd be an All-American.

Beerfest Anyone?

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Anyone who had Choobineh for MIS 330 knows he was a big fan of the FAC! Good old Fred made you want to go to class because he was actually fun.

fred88.jpg

Yeah he was a funny dude. Cracked me up when he said he'd buy 200 printers at walmart just for the ink cartidge inside.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I didn't get to do many early FAC's because of Practice but we were generally at MoJazz for penny pitchers as soon as we could get there, some people didn't even shower...:err:

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
I can't count the number of times my backpack got left at People's...I didn't complain b/c I'd head back on Saturday for lunch (General Jackson) and another afternoon/night there!

Man, I LOVED the General Jackson. That was a great burger. I used to love the Peoples FAC. Too old to spend much time on Welch these days, though.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Anyone who had Choobineh for MIS 330 knows he was a big fan of the FAC! Good old Fred made you want to go to class because he was actually fun.

fred88.jpg

I'm in 330 with him right now. He speaks of everything as terms of a computer system. He makes every test on Wed. because Friday the system is ready to crash and on Monday it is still recovering.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I've thought about going to Fred's class just to listen to him, even though I've already taken it... probably the funniest teacher I've had.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah he was a funny dude. Cracked me up when he said he'd buy 200 printers at walmart just for the ink cartidge inside.

Besides the martini mentions all the time, we had this one idiot that always said some smart comment from time to time and he'd just go with it. First time we had an assignment he was talking about how he wanted it formatted with the boxes and stuff. This guy goes "do we have to have to use those stupid boxes?" So every time we had an assignment Fred would say "make sure you use those stupid boxes else I will not accept it."

Another class Fred brought in some funny cartoon overhead slide about something but it was a little blurry but you got the point. This guy blurts out "it's too blurry, all I can make out is FBI on that guys jacket." Fred says "for you, that's all you probably need to know."

One of the last classes this guy put a poster of all kinds of martinis on the podium before Fred got there. Fred comes in and sees it and goes "what is this" the guy says "a little present I thought you might like." Fred says "I cannot accept this, it does not have the stupid boxes."

The FAC thing, he put this slide on the overhead that said something like c:\ames\cys_roost\fac\03_21_99\4pm and says "don't go typing this into your computer, it's not a file. If you don't get it what it means then you probably won't be there."

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm in 330 with him right now. He speaks of everything as terms of a computer system. He makes every test on Wed. because Friday the system is ready to crash and on Monday it is still recovering.

LOL! I love his term "the system." Does he still do the "fun quizes" where he hands out the small scantron sheets and puts the answers on the overhead?

Drizzle

Nov 9, 2007

fred88.jpg

That is awesome! I forgot all about Choobs! He met us for FAC at least 10 times. He was easily my favorite teacher!:notworthy:

Drizzle

Nov 9, 2007
LOL! I love his term "the system." Does he still do the "fun quizes" where he hands out the small scantron sheets and puts the answers on the overhead?

Those quizzes were great... He would usually be like, " Do you think it is a? B!?! c? or d?

Kinky F

Apr 24, 2006
I think I saw Paul Wright every time he played at People's, he was awesome. I heard he died, is that right?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I didn't get to do many early FAC's because of Practice but we were generally at MoJazz for penny pitchers as soon as we could get there, some people didn't even shower...:err:

Mo Jazz penny pitchers were great, that bar was fun, what a dump. They got in trouble because all their beer was like Natty Light or something, even though the taps said differently. I remember getting some nice mixed drinks with dead flies in them, trying to talk Justin Eilers out of kicking my friend outta the bar, and the time Seneca Wallace stole what I thought was a sure thing away from me on the dance floor.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron